15 January 2020
Welcome to the January 2020 edition of the UK: Pensions Update.
In this edition we cover the publication of the Pension Schemes Bill 2019-2020 as reintroduced by the Queen's Speech on 19 December 2019 in greater detail, focussing on some of the key offences criminalised by the Bill, as well as the proposed new funding and investment strategy requirements which will be of interest to both trustees and employers.
In this edition we also cover:
• Status Update on Pensions Regulator's DB Funding Code;
• Expansion of Registration Requirements for Express Trusts;
• PSF v Bauer – Implications for PPF Compensation Levels;
• DWP Consults on General Levy Increase;
• CJEU Equalisation Determination – Safeway;
• Pensions Ombudsman Determination in Employer Duty Case;
• Civil Partnerships Opposite Sex Couples Regulations 2019; and
• On the horizon.