Skip to main content

Clifford Chance

Clifford Chance

News and awards

Clifford Chance advises Caisse des dépôts et consignations and CNP Assurances on a €402.5 million bond issuance by Société d'Infrastructures Gazières

  • en
  • fr
  • Language options

7 January 2022

Clifford Chance advises Caisse des dépôts et consignations and CNP Assurances on a €402.5 million bond issuance by Société d'Infrastructures Gazières

In addition to the advice given by Clifford Chance in relation to the acquisition of additional shares of GRTgaz by Société d'Infrastructures Gazières (SIG) from ENGIE, Clifford Chance advised Caisse des dépôts et consignations (CDC) and CNP Assurances (CNP) on a €402.5 million bond issuance by SIG (a holding company owned by CDC and CNP). The bonds mature in July 2033 and pay a coupon of 1.913 per cent. per annum.

The net proceeds of the issue were used by SIG to finance in part the acquisition of additional shares of GRTgaz from ENGIE, representing approximately 11.5 per cent. of GRTgaz's share capital. As a result of this transaction, SIG owns approximately 39 per cent. of GRTgaz, the remaining 61 per cent. being owned by ENGIE. GRTgaz owns and operates the largest gas transmission system in France.

The bonds were listed on the regulated market of Euronext Paris on 13 December 2021.

The bond issuance was led by a syndicate of banks composed of La Banque Postale and Nomura, each acting as Joint Lead Manager.

Clifford Chance advised CDC and CNP on this transaction, with a team consisting of Cédric Burford, partner, Auriane Bijon, counsel, Batoul Laanani, associate, and Santiago Ramirez.

Clifford Chance a conseillé la Caisse des dépôts et consignations et CNP Assurances dans le cadre de l'émission obligataire de Société d'Infrastructures Gazières pour un montant total de 402,5 millions d'euros

En complément du conseil fourni par Clifford Chance dans le contexte de l'acquisition de la participation supplémentaire dans GRTgaz par Société d'Infrastructures Gazières (SIG) auprès d'ENGIE, Clifford Chance a conseillé la Caisse des dépôts et consignations (CDC) et CNP Assurances (CNP) dans le cadre de l'émission obligataire de SIG (holding détenue par CDC et CNP) pour un montant total de 402,5 millions d'euros, portant intérêt au taux fixe de 1,913% par an et arrivant à échéance en juillet 2033.

Le produit net de l'émission a permis de financer en partie l'acquisition par SIG d'une participation supplémentaire de 11,5% dans GRTgaz auprès d'ENGIE, portant ainsi la participation de SIG dans GRTgaz à 39% environ, les 61% restant étant détenus par ENGIE. GRTgaz est propriétaire et gestionnaire du plus grand réseau de transport de gaz français.

Les obligations sont cotées sur le marché réglementé d'Euronext Paris depuis le 13 décembre 2021.

Le syndicat bancaire était composé de La Banque Postale et Nomura, chacune agissant en qualité de Joint Lead Manager.

Clifford Chance a conseillé la CDC et CNP sur cette transaction avec une équipe composée de Cédric Burford, associé, Auriane Bijon, counsel, Batoul Laanani, collaboratrice, et Santiago Ramirez.