11 January 2019
Clifford Chance takes top rankings on private equity league tables
International law firm Clifford Chance had a strong showing in Mergermarket's 2018 private equity league tables, and took the first place in the 2018 Europe private equity buyouts league table by value with 35 deals of USD 31.62 billion. In terms of deal value, the firm also ranks third on both the Europe private equity buyouts and exits and the US private equity buyouts and exits tables.
Jonny Myers, Partner and Global Head of Private Equity, comments: "We had a busy and successful 2018, and these results are a testament to Clifford Chance's global private equity practice and our focus on advising complex and high profile private equity transactions. We are very proud of the high standard work we delivered to our clients across markets in the last 12 months, and looking forward to working with the tremendous team to continue providing world-class advisory service in 2019."
Clifford Chance's market-leading private equity practice offers unrivalled expertise and resources across the globe and provides clients with seamless service on all aspects of private equity, including the most complex of mandates involving multiple specialisms. In 2018, the global team acted on many landmark private equity transactions, including advising:
- Blackstone on its merger of Clarion Events and Global Sources
- Partners Group on its acquisition of conveyer belt manufacturer Ammeraal Beltech and Megadyne, a leading manufacturer of power transmission belts
- The Carlyle Group on its acquisition of 100% of The Accolades Wines Group
- Cinven on its acquisition of AXA Life Europe from AXA
- CVC on its acquisition of 30% stake in Cosan Lubes Investments Limited, their first Latin America investment
- CD&R on its acquisition of MRH, the largest UK independent petrol retailer
- Permira on the acquisition of NDS from Cisco
- PAI Partners on the contemplated acquisition of Asmodee Group from Eurazeo