Jonny Myers specialises in domestic and cross-border public and private M&A and equity transactions.
Jonny has advised private equity houses portfolios and corporate clients on a wide range of matters, including leveraged buyouts, acquisitions and disposals, takeovers, mergers, joint ventures, IPOs, fund liabilities, cash confirmations, restructurings and refinancing.
Jonny heads the global private equity practice, specialising in private equity and corporate finance and is recommended by IFLR, Legal 500 and Chambers for private equity and top-tier M&A.
- Cinven, Permira and Mid Europa on their USD$3.253 billion acquisition of Allegro
- CVC and Cinven on buying leading consumer finance provider NewDay
- Inmarsat PLC on its air to ground joint venture with Deutsche Telekom
- Cinven on its EUR€1.3 billion acquisition of Labco
- Cinven on its EUR€1.7 billion acquisition Synlab from BC Partners
- Coor Service Management and Cinven on Coor's SEK 3.6 billion IPO
- Cinema City on selling its operating assets to Cineworld plc for cash and shares
News and client work
- Clifford Chance, London
- +44 207006 4455
- Email me
- Practice area M&A corporate
- Sector Consumer goods & retail, Private equity
Career and qualifications
- Magdalene College, Cambridge (MA Engineering/Law) 1985
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 1988
- Lovells 1987-2001 (Partner since 1997)
- Joined Clifford Chance as a Partner 2001
- Wharton (AMP) 2014
- Member of the BVCA Working and Technical Committee for legal and accounting.
- Founder trustee of Social Business Trust Investment Committee.
Awards and citations
- ‘Europe’s 50 Most Influential People in Private Equity’ 2022
Financial News and Private Equity News
- Eminent Practitioner
Chambers 2023 – Private Equity High End Buyouts
- Market Leader
- Listed in the ‘Hall of Fame’
Legal 500 Private Equity Transactions 2022