Jonny Myers specialises in domestic and cross-border public and private M&A and equity transactions.
Jonny has advised private equity houses portfolios and corporate clients on a wide range of matters, including leveraged buyouts, acquisitions and disposals, takeovers, mergers, joint ventures, IPOs, fund liabilities, cash confirmations, restructurings and refinancing.
Jonny heads the global private equity practice, specialising in private equity and corporate finance and is recommended by IFLR, Legal 500 and Chambers for private equity and top-tier M&A.
- Cinven, Permira and Mid Europa on their USD$3.253 billion acquisition of Allegro
- CVC and Cinven on buying leading consumer finance provider NewDay
- Inmarsat PLC on its air to ground joint venture with Deutsche Telekom
- Cinven on its EUR€1.3 billion acquisition of Labco
- Cinven on its EUR€1.7 billion acquisition Synlab from BC Partners
- Coor Service Management and Cinven on Coor's SEK 3.6 billion IPO
- Cinema City on selling its operating assets to Cineworld plc for cash and shares
Clifford Chance advises Cinven on investment in leading retargeting technology provider RTB House
15 January 2019
Clifford Chance has advised Partners Group on the acquisition of Megadyne and Ammeraal in combined EUR 2 billion transaction
5 July 2018
Clifford Chance London Equity Capital Markets team celebrates deal run
22 September 2016
Clifford Chance advises Cinven on the sale of Guardian Financial Services to Admin Reinsurance
23 September 2015
Clifford Chance advises Cinven on its £2.3bn of sale of AMCo to Concordia
8 September 2015
'Briefing against the board': when disruptive directors risk breaching their duties
18 March 2019
An otherwise lawful dividend can be a transaction defrauding creditors
7 February 2019
Brexit issues for directors of private equity portfolio companies
1 June 2016
Impact of UK Takeover Code Reform: One Year On
18 September 2012
Impact of UK Takeover Code Reform - Seven months on
21 May 2012
Career and qualifications
- Magdalene College, Cambridge (MA Engineering/Law) 1985
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 1988
- Lovells 1987-2001 (Partner since 1997)
- Joined Clifford Chance as a Partner 2001
- Wharton (AMP) 2014
- Member of the BVCA working group on the Takeover Panel's proposals to amend the Takeover Code.
- Investment Committee member and trustee of Social Business Trust Investment Committee.
Awards and citations
- "The outstanding Jonny Myers is an incredibly insightful lawyer who impressed technically with the quality of his advice. Among his areas of expertise are retail and media, where he often advises high-profile clients."
Chambers UK 2015