10 November 2015
Clifford Chance advises Barclays and Numis on GBP250 million IPO and premium listing of The Gym Group
International law firm Clifford Chance advised Barclays and Numis on the successful GBP250 million initial public offering and premium listing in London of The Gym Group. The Company is the first health club to float in London for at least 15 years and is currently the only fitness chain listed on the London Stock Exchange.
The Clifford Chance team was led by Capital Markets partner Simon Thomas, assisted by senior associate Benjamin Morgan and associate James Spencer, with US advice being provided by US partner John Connolly and senior associate Chin Lee. The same Clifford Chance team advised Barclays on the successful IPO and London premium listing of John Laing earlier in 2015.
The Gym Group IPO is one of a number of high profile Equity Capital Markets mandates Clifford Chance has advised on during 2015. Recent highlights include acting for:
- Apax Global Alpha on its EUR300 million IPO and London Premium listing;
- Permanent TSB on its EUR400 million capital increase;
- Just Retirement on its placing and open offer in connection with its proposed offer for Partnership Assurance;
- Barclays, HSBC and RBC in connection with the IPO and London Premium listing of John Laing Group;
- Coor Service Management on its SEK3.6 billion IPO and NASDAQ OMX Stockholm listing;
- Credit Suisse in connection with Eurocastle's EUR300 million capital increase;
- BAML, Deutsche Bank, J.P. Morgan, Morgan Stanley and Numis in connection with the IPO and London premium listing of Auto Trader; and
- J.P. Morgan and Numis in connection with the IPO and London premium listing of HSS Hire Group.