4 April 2014
Clifford Chance named International Law Firm of the Year at IFLR Europe Awards 2014
Clifford Chance scooped 13 awards in total for its outstanding work on complex client instructions shaping Europe's financial markets.
At the International Financial Law Review (IFLR) Europe Awards on 3 April 2014, Clifford Chance received 13 awards, including the prestigious title of International Law Firm of the Year and accolades for equity, project finance and restructuring and insolvency teams of the year, as well as country awards for Belgium, France and Romania. The Firm's individual talent was recognised with senior associate Paul Deakins receiving the award for rising star of the year, while Clifford Chance was also applauded for its advice on no less than five deals of the year.
IFLR said: "Clifford Chance has proved it's at the top of its game, racking up deal and team nominations across the full spectrum of practice areas in this year's awards."
David Childs, Clifford Chance Managing Partner said, "This is fantastic recognition of just some of the excellent client work going on around the firm. The awards demonstrate the strength of the firm's capabilities and quality of execution across markets, practices and products."
Clifford Chance won the following awards:
International Law Firm of the Year
National Firm of the Year:
Team of the Year:
- Equity team of the year
- Project finance team of the year
- Restructuring and insolvency team of the year
Rising star of the year (senior associate) – Paul Deakins
In addition the Firm was recognised on the following deals of the year:
- Debt and equity-linked deal of the year (Barclays CoCo)
- Equity deal of the year (CVC Credit Partners European Opportunities IPO)
- High yield deal of the year (Emma Delta Finance’s high-yield offering)
- Project finance deal of the year (Marseille L2 Ring Road PPP)
- Restructuring and insolvency deal of the year (Saur restructuring)