24 September 2020
Welcome to the September 2020 edition of the UK: Pensions Update
In this edition we cover the latest steps taken by the Government in considering how to improve DC member outcomes, including the DWP's consultation on value for members and the call for evidence regarding the DC charge cap. We also take a look at the DWP's climate change consultation on pension schemes' governance and reporting on climate change.
In this edition we also cover:
- HM Treasury's call for evidence on the administration of pensions tax relief;
- HMRC's GMP equalisation guidance on lump sum payments;
- The data protection case Schrems II which held the EU-US Privacy Shield to be invalid;
- The Court of Appeal's findings in the Safeway equalisation case;
- TPR's updates to its COVID-19 reporting and enforcement guidance;
- The expanded express trust registration regulations;
- The Government's consultation on the departure from retained EU case law by UK courts and tribunals following Brexit; and
- What's on the horizon for pensions.