Clifford Chance has a co-operation agreement with Saudi Arabian law firm Al-Jadaan & Partners Law Firm.
Clifford Chance has received approval from the Saudi Ministry of Commerce and Industry to set up a mixed Saudi and foreign lawyer partnership, making it the first international law firm to establish formally in this way in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. It is intended that the new partnership will be operational from 1 January 2014. Read about these developments.
Through the long-standing co-operation agreement between Clifford Chance and Al-Jadaan & Partners Law Firm, the worldwide resources, extensive know how and diverse expertise base of Clifford Chance complement Al-Jadaan’s Saudi Arabian experience. Clifford Chance and Al-Jadaan have worked together closely for over a decade on large-scale energy, infrastructure and project finance projects and on a broad range of matters including regulatory, general banking, capital markets, corporate/commercial and litigation. This working relationship is further enhanced by long-term secondments of lawyers between the two firms.
Al-Jadaan & Partners Law Firm (“Al-Jadaan” or the “Firm”) is a Saudi Arabian Professional Partnership founded by Yousef Al-Jadaan and Mohammed Al-Jadaan in 1996. Since its inception, Al-Jadaan has grown to a staff of over 40 including 21 lawyers in its office in Riyadh. At its current size and notwithstanding envisioned future growth, the Firm is already one of the largest law firms in Saudi Arabia.
International Financial Law Review (IFLR) Middle East Awards:
- Saudi Arabian Law Firm of the Year - 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
- Equity Deal of the Year-2007
- Project Finance Deal of the Year – 2006, 2008, 2010
- M&A Deal of the Year - 2008
Islamic Finance News Awards:
- Saudi Arabia Deal of the Year – 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010
- Innovative Deal of the Year – 2007
- Sukuk Deal of the Year – 2006
- Project Finance Deal of the Year - 2006, 2008, 2010, 2011
- Structured Finance Deal of the Year - 2009
- Mudarabah Deal of the Year - 2008