Susan Burkhardt's practice focuses on the formation of, and ongoing advice to, various types of private investment funds, accounts and structures across strategies, with a primary focus on credit and private equity.
Over the course of her career she has advised on the legal and commercial aspects of new fund product launches, including “funds of one”, separately managed accounts, flagship and overflow accounts, and customized and strategic multi-strategy arrangements, including developing of terms, addressing marketability considerations, conducting cost-benefit analyses, and managing structuring issues, product documentation, and negotiations with leading institutional investors across the globe.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- University Of Notre Dame (B.S.) 1996
- University Of Virginia School Of Law (J.D.) 2001
- Law Clerk for The Honorable J. Clifford Wallace, Senior Circuit Judge, Chief Judge Emeritus, U.S. Court Of Appeals For The Ninth Circuit, San Diego, CA 2001
- Admitted as an attorney in New York 2011
- Managing Director, Legal and Compliance at GSO Capital Partners/The Blackstone Group 2013
- Chief Compliance Officer at GSO Capital Partners/The Blackstone Group 2018
- Managing Director, Client & Product Solutions Group, Head of New Product Structuring at Apollo Global Management 2019
Awards and citations
- Recommended Lawyer
The Legal 500: Private Equity: Fund Formation and Management