Emma Davies advises international clients on M&A and joint ventures in the Asia region, with particular focus on mainland China.
Emma heads up the firm's Corporate practice in mainland China and its Healthcare and Life Sciences Group in Asia.
Emma founded the China competition practice of Clifford Chance and continues to advise clients on the firm's more contentious merger clearances in the market.
News and client work
Global M&A Toolkit
- Emma outlines some of the latest trends in conducting M&A in China (November 2014)
- Emma discusses trends in outbound and inbound China M&A, and how Clifford Chance supports clients (November 2014)
- Emma discusses the key M&A trends that have emerged in China post the global financial crisis (March 2014)
Career and qualifications
- Cambridge University (BA, Economics) 1988
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 1995
- Joined Clifford Chance 1997
- Admitted as a solicitor in Hong Kong 1997
- Seconded to Zheng, Liu, Yuan & Zhou law office, Beijing 1997-1998
- Partner since 2004