Emma Davies advises international clients on M&A and joint ventures in the Asia region, with particular focus on mainland China.
Emma heads up the firm's Corporate practice in mainland China and its Healthcare and Life Sciences Group in Asia.
Emma founded the China competition practice of Clifford Chance and continues to advise clients on the firm's more contentious merger clearances in the market.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Cambridge University (BA, Economics) 1988
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 1995
- Joined Clifford Chance 1997
- Admitted as a solicitor in Hong Kong 1997
- Seconded to Zheng, Liu, Yuan & Zhou law office, Beijing 1997-1998
- Partner since 2004
Awards and citations
- Notable Practitioner
"Emma Davies receives plaudits from market sources for her 'strong corporate life sciences practice.' "
Chambers Asia Pacific 2020: China – Life Sciences
Who's Who Legal 2020: Healthcare
Who's Who Legal 2020: Life Sciences – Transactional