Emma Davies heads Clifford Chance's Asia Pacific Healthcare & Life Sciences Sector Group. She has 25 years of experience advising clients on M&A, private equity and corporate restructuring matters. In addition, she led the China Corporate/M&A group in Shanghai from 2002–2012 and founded the Firm’s China antitrust practice. Emma is fluent in Mandarin Chinese.
Emma is ranked as a Leading Lawyer for Life Sciences and Corporate/M&A by Chambers Asia Pacific.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Cambridge University (BA, Economics) 1988
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 1995
- Joined Clifford Chance 1997
- Admitted as a solicitor in Hong Kong 1997
- Seconded to Zheng, Liu, Yuan & Zhou law office, Beijing 1997-1998
- Partner since 2004
Awards and citations
- Band 3
Chambers Greater China Region 2022: China – Life Sciences (International Firms)
- Life Sciences Law Firm of the Year in Hong Kong
2022 Lawyer Network Annual Award
- Global Leader
Who's Who Legal 2021: Healthcare
- Notable Practitioner
"Emma Davies receives plaudits from market sources for her 'strong corporate life sciences practice.' "
Chambers Asia Pacific 2020: China – Life Sciences
Who's Who Legal 2020: Healthcare
Who's Who Legal 2020: Life Sciences – Transactional