Milan Rákosník specialises in real estate M&A, asset management and development across all product sectors - retail, office and logistics - as well as on real estate financing and secured lending.
A key member of the Prague office's market-leading real estate practice, Milan has gained significant industry expertise from his involvement on a host of real estate and financing transactions in the Czech Republic and across the wider region.
- New Europe Property Investments plc (NEPI) on the acquisition of shopping centre Arena Centar in Zagreb, Croatia, the largest ever real estate transaction in South Eastern Europe.
- New Europe Property Investments plc (NEPI) on the acquisition of a number of shopping centres in the Czech Republic and Slovakia, including Forum Ústí nad Labem, Aupark Pieštany and Korzo Prievidza.
- Atrium European Real Estate on the disposal of a B-class retail portfolio – 81 properties throughout the Czech Republic, including arranging for secured vendor's financing for the leasehold part of the portfolio.
- Union Investment Real Estate on the acquisition and refinancing of the Palladium Shopping and Office Centre in Prague's central business district. This is the most significant real estate acquisition ever in the Czech Republic and the largest single-asset deal recorded in Central Europe.
- Meyer Bergman on the €81 million acquisition of the Futurum Hradec Kralove shopping centre.
- UniCredit Bank Czech Republic and Slovakia, a.s. in connection with the financing of warehouse projects situated in Humpolec, České Velenice, Lysá nad Labem, Ostrava and Hranice for CTP, a major developer of business parks in Central Europe.
- Československá obchodní banka, a.s., Komerční banka, a.s. and Česká spořitelna, a.s. on the CZK 10.5 billion (approx. EUR 380 million) refinancing and development facilities provided to PointPark Properties s.r.o. (P3) in relation to the EUR 523 million acquisition of 11 logistics parks in the Czech Republic from VGP/Tristan Capital Partners. This was one of the largest ever portfolio real estate acquisitions in the Czech Republic.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- McCombs School of Business, University of Texas, Austin (Corporate Finance) 2009
- Charles University, Prague (Masters' degree in Law, Mgr.) 2010
- University of Economics, Prague (Engineer's degree in Business Administration and Corporate Finance, Ing.) 2010
- Joined Clifford Chance 2011
- Admitted as an advokat in the Czech Republic 2014
- Czech Bar Association
Awards and citations
- Milan Rákosník wins Rising Star Award
Clifford Chance Prague is delighted to announce that Milan Rákosník, Senior Associate from Prague Real Estate team, has won Europe Raising Star: Czech Republic at inaugural Euromoney Legal Media Group Europe Awards.
- Milan Rákosník is a growing presence in the market, assisting domestic and international clients with their property portfolio investments across a range of sectors, along with property finance and secured lending. One commentator reports: "He produces high-quality work, is expedient and very commercial and you get swift replies." He assisted PPF Banka with the provision of a EUR6.3 million investment term loan to Lornoka Real Estate.
Chambers Europe 2019
- Milan Rákosník is gaining recognition for his work in real estate M&A and financing and has been particularly active of late in retail outlet transactions. One client refers to him as "young, ambitious and a technically sound lawyer."
Chambers Europe 2018