16 February 2018
Clifford Chance tops global infrastructure and project finance league tables
Clifford Chance had a strong showing in the global infrastructure & project finance league tables, advising on more deals by value than any other law firm to top the influential annual transaction tables from both IJGlobal and Inframation.
IJGlobal reports that the firm advised on 73 project finance transactions globally, valued at USD 45.6bn. Clifford Chance also came top regionally in Latin America and Sub-Saharan Africa, as well as the global Oil and Gas sector.
Separately, Clifford Chance topped Inframation's annual project finance league table, advising on 127 transactions valued at USD 82.9bn globally. The firm was further ranked top by value in the Europe, EMEA and UK regions, as well as the global renewables sector.
Nick Wong, co-head of Clifford Chance's Worldwide Projects group, comments: "These results are a testament to our great people and Clifford Chance's focus on building a truly global, seamless projects team. I'm proud of the work we have been able to do with clients over the last year and look forward to helping them to achieve their ambitions in 2018."
In 2017, Clifford Chance acted on many landmark projects, including advising:
- Danish pension funds PFA and PKA on their joint acquisition of a GBP 2bn 50% stake in the 659MW Walney Extension offshore wind project
- Global Infrastructure Partners on the planned acquisition of 50% of the Borkum Riffgrund 2 offshore wind farm project for EUR 1.2bn
- a syndicate of Chinese banks on the USD 1.6bn financing of a 553MW oil shale fired mine mouth power station and open cast oil shale mine in Jordan
- the lenders on over 8 Egyptian solar projects under the Phase2 FiT program in Egypt
- the consortium comprising Star Energy, EGCO and AC Energy on its acquisition of Chevron's geothermal projects in Indonesia and the Philippines
- Altán Redes in the USD 1.5 billion financing for the construction of the largest telecommunications network in Mexico.