We are living in a Tech Revolution. This is pushing against conventional legal boundaries and raising unprecedented questions. All areas of law are impacted. Our multi-disciplinary Tech Group is the answer.
The Tech Group provides a new model for technology law: a single global team of over 400 lawyers delivering hybrid, joined up advice on technology issues, across Antitrust and data, M&A and investments, intellectual property and litigation, AI and fintech, cyber and regulatory investigations.
- A consortium of funds, Cinven, Permira, and Mid Europa on buying the Allegro Group, the largest online marketplace and non-food shopping destination in Poland, and Ceneo, a price comparison site, from South African-based global. internet and entertainment group Naspers for $3.253 billion
- Credit Suisse on the establishment of their digital private banking platform and acquisition of/collaboration with a fintech startup to enhance the provision of financial services on such digital platform.
- FairSearch Europe (an industry coalition that includes companies such as Nokia, Oracle and Tripadvisor) as an interested third party on the European Commission's investigation into Google for its abuse of its dominant position in search.
- Copernicus Gold on the regulatory implications and licensing requirements applicable to a proposed online payment system that will use blockchain technology and will be gold-linked.
- ICAP on all IT and separation-relation issues in relation to the sale of their voice broking business to Tullet Prebon.
- SenseTime Group, China's leading artificial intelligence firm, on its US$410 million Series B preferred share investments from renowned private equity funds and institutional investors, including CDH, Sailing Capital and China International Capital Corporation. This is the largest single round investment in an AI company globally.
- A global devices company on cross-border enforcement concerning the misuse of its IP and trade secrets.
- Imagination Technologies Group, an independent IP licensing business, in respect of a Takeover Code-governed offer for Imagination by a subsidiary of funds managed by Canyon Bridge Capital Partners, LLC.
- An international bank on its European data privacy compliance programme, including steps to address the GDPR.
- EVRY on a multi-billion dollar outsourcing with IBM, to manage the IT infrastructure that supports its operations in Norway and Sweden.
- Zhejiang Jinke Entertainment on its US$1 billion acquisition of 100% of the shares of Outfit 7, which is headquartered in UK and Cyprus with operations in Slovenia. Outfit 7 is the creator and developer of highly popular mobile games such as "Talking Tom" and "Talking Angela".
- Inmarsat the leading provider of global mobile satellite communications services, on its strategic partnership with Deutsche Telekom to create the world's first combined LTE-based ground and satellite network, which will result in full connectivity for aviation passengers in Europe.
- FRAND licensing negotiations concerning standards essential patents on behalf of a leading STB manufacturer.