20 February 2019
Three acts of the Clean Energy for all Europeans Package, covering renewable energy, energy efficiency and governance, have entered into force at the end of 2018 and will reshape the renewable energy landscape in Europe over the coming years.
- A new renewable energy target of at least 32% and an energy efficiency target of at least 32.5% are set for the EU
- Market based support mechanisms for renewable energy projects are a key instrument to increase the share of renewable electricity in the new framework
- The new framework shall improve regulatory certainty and enabling conditions for investments to take place in the renewable energy sector
- Consumers shall be empowered to become full active participants in the energy transition
- National Energy and Climate Plans (NECPs) will be the new framework for Member States to plan their climate and energy objectives in an integrated manner