Vadim Avdeychik advises business development companies (BDCs), mutual funds, closed-end funds, exchange-traded funds (ETFs), hedge funds and their investment advisers on the full range of investment management matters. His experience spans the formation and operation of registered investment companies, alternative fund structures, fund governance, regulatory issues involving public and private funds, ERISA and investment company status issues and exemptions.
Vadim also advises clients on environmental, social and governance (ESG) investing, including launching investment products, advising directors on ESG matters and establishing compliance programs for ESG investing. He has authored several articles on the topic and is a frequent speaker on regulatory issues dealing with ESG investing.
- As counsel at a law firm he assisted pre-IPO and public operating companies, specialty finance companies, investment banks, and financial product sponsors determine investment company status, including qualifying for exemptions from the Investment Company Act.
- Served as counsel at an investment management firm.
- ERISA Enforcement Advisor, and Employee Benefits Security Administration.
News and client work
- Clifford Chance, New York
- +1 (212) 878-3055
- Email me
- Follow me on LinkedIn
- Speaks English, Russian
Career and qualifications
- St. John's University (B.A.) 2004
- Hofstra Law School (J.D.) 2007
- Admitted as Attorney-at-Law in New York 2008
- Georgetown University Law Center, LL.M. in Securities and Financial Regulation 2010
- Admitted as Attorney-at-Law in District of Columbia 2011
Awards and citations
- Vadim is noted for the ability to "bring to the table unmatched knowledge and skills with respect to BDCs"
Next Generation Partner: The Legal 500 U.S.: Registered Fund Formation and Management
- Vadim is responsive, knowledgeable and a great partner to work with." "He is a hard worker and is thoughtful about what is going on in the industry.
Chambers USA 2022: Registered Funds (Up and Coming)
- Chambers USA Up and Coming - Registered Funds (2022)
- Chambers Global USA Registered Funds (2022)
- The Legal 500, Next Gen Partner for Investment Fund Formation & Management—Mutual/Registered/Exchange-Traded Funds (2021)
- Chambers USA, Top Lawyer (2021)
- Fund Intelligence, Mutual Fund Rising Star (2020)