Michelle Williams is a member of the Litigation, Regulatory and White Collar practice group.
Michelle represents U.S. and foreign clients including multinational companies, financial institutions, and other financial service providers in criminal and regulatory enforcement proceedings relating to potential economic sanctions, export control, anti-corruption, and anti-money laundering, and advises on compliance with associated regulatory regimes, including data privacy and employee-related matters.
Michelle is a member of our global People Risk team.
- Now is the time for companies to assess their compliance programs
Corporate Counsel Business Journal, March 2019
Why Hong Kong is China's Sanctions Hot Spot
26 September 2019
OFAC Announces Nicaragua Sanctions Regulations
5 September 2019
Caveat Emptor – OFAC Fines Creditor for Buying SDN's Troubled Debt
19 August 2019
A Truckload of Compliance Guidance
7 August 2019
Turbulent Times: OFAC Warns Aviation industry on Deceptive Practices
26 July 2019
Career and qualifications
- Dalhousie University (BA, Political Science and French) 2000
- McGill University (LLB/BCL) 2003
- Admitted as an Attorney-at-Law in New York 2005
- Admitted as an Attorney-at-Law in Nova Scotia, Canada 2007
- Admitted as an Attorney-at-Law in Washington, DC 2010
- Member of the American Bar Association