Michelle Williams is a member of the Litigation, Regulatory and White Collar practice group.
Michelle represents U.S. and foreign clients including multinational companies, financial institutions, and other financial service providers in criminal and regulatory enforcement proceedings relating to potential economic sanctions, export control, anti-corruption, and anti-money laundering, and advises on compliance with associated regulatory regimes, including data privacy and employee-related matters.
- Now is the time for companies to assess their compliance programs
Corporate Counsel Business Journal, March 2019
A Truckload of Compliance Guidance
7 August 2019
Turbulent Times: OFAC Warns Aviation industry on Deceptive Practices
26 July 2019
US Court Ruling Against Chinese Banks in Sanctions Case Reaffirms Government Subpoena Authority to Require Non-US Banks to Produce Documents and Information Held Overseas
24 July 2019
District Court Decision Highlights Risks of Cooperating Too Closely with Government Investigations
10 May 2019
US DOJ Publishes Updated 'Guidance Document' on 'Evaluation of Corporate Compliance Programs'
6 May 2019
Career and qualifications
- Dalhousie University (BA, Political Science and French) 1996
- McGill University (LLB/BCL) 2000
- Admitted as an Attorney-at-Law in New York 2005
- Admitted as an Attorney-at-Law in Nova Scotia, Canada 2007
- Admitted as an Attorney-at-Law in Washington, DC 2010
- Member of the American Bar Association