Jason D. Myers' practice focuses on public and private capital markets transactions and other corporate finance and general corporate transactions in the real estate, hospitality and specialty finance sectors.
He has advised sponsors, investment banks, REITs, specialty finance companies, and business development companies in their capital raising activities, including initial public offerings, follow-on equity and debt transactions, 144A offerings and other private placements and PIPEs, raising more than US$4 billion in the past few years.
Jason has done extensive work in connection with REITS (both traded and non-traded) and privately held funds formed for the purpose of investing in real estate, including joint ventures. This work has included the formation and structuring of such entities, and the initial financing and investment in such entities. Jason has also advised on the structuring, acquisition and financing of investments made by such entities.
- Security Token Academy Launch Event: Real Estate Panel
Speaker, October 5, 2018, New York
- Managing Editor of the Fordham Law Review
SEC Adopts Amendments to Further Modernize and Simplify Disclosure Requirements
10 April 2019
NYSE Restricts Material News Releases Shortly After Official Close
29 December 2017
New SEC Staff Guidance Extends FAST Act Financial Disclosure Relief and the JOBS Act Confidential Review Process to all Issuers, Including REITs
13 September 2017
The Transportation FAST Act Helps Smooth the JOBS Act's 'On Ramp'
11 December 2015
NYSE Requires Notice of Material News Releases Starting at 7 a.m.
25 September 2015
Career and qualifications
- University of Minnesota (BA, Political Science and Psychology) 1995
- Fordham University School of Law (JD) 2000
- Joined Clifford Chance 2000
- Partner since 2012
Awards and citations
- Jason Myers has been recognized in Chambers USA as "Up and Coming" for REITs. He is reputed for his growing practice, which includes working with non-traded REITs. Clients observe that he is "a very talented, very strong attorney."
Chambers USA 2019 - REITs (Nationwide)