Evan Cohen has over twenty five years of experience representing clients in the areas of acquisition and leveraged finance, project finance, syndicated lending and restructurings. His clients include commercial and investment banks, borrowers, institutional investors and project sponsors.
Evan’s extensive experience spans multiple jurisdictions including the Americas, UK, Europe and Asia. He spent eight years in Asia leading the US Banking practice and heading up the Asian Distressed Debt practice.
Victor Levy rejoins Clifford Chance as a partner in its US Private Funds Group
6 August 2018
Clifford Chance a conseillé J.P. Morgan dans le cadre de l'acquisition par AXA du Groupe XL
7 March 2018
Career and qualifications
- Wharton School of Finance at the University of Pennsylvania (BS) 1984
- University of Pennsylvania Law School (JD) 1987
- Admitted as an Attorney-at-Law in New York 1988
- Joined Clifford Chance as a Partner 1999
- Evan Cohen is based in New York and belongs to the American Bar Association and the American College of Investment Counsel.
Awards and citations
- Evan Cohen has been ranked in Chambers USA - Latin American Investment (New York). Evan Cohen is the firm's regional managing partner for the Americas. He advises on a range of finance matters, including leveraged finance, syndicated lending and debt restructuring.
Chambers USA 2017 - Latin American Investment
- Evan Cohen was recognized in Chambers USA and Chambers Latin America as a leading banking and finance lawyer.