Andrzej Stosio specialises in capital markets and banking, from both a transactional and regulatory perspective.
Andrzej has advised a number of international as well as Polish financial institutions and Polish corporate on various types of financing, such as refinancing packages and complex debt restructurings. Andrzej also advises on derivatives-related matters.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- University of Bonn (German and European Law) 1997
- University of Warsaw (LLB) 1999
- Admitted as an advocate (adwokat) in Poland 2004
- Associate at Norton Rose, Warsaw 2001
- Joined Clifford Chance 2008
- Partner since 2012
- Member of the Warsaw Bar Association (ORA w Warszawie)
Awards and citations
- Andrzej Stosio is highly regarded for his experience advising banks on credit facility agreements. He is also particularly adept at handling debt restructuring and refinancings. "He's very experienced and also business-oriented," a source says, while another adds: "He is very commercially driven and very rational."
Chambers Global 2022: Banking & Finance – Poland
Chambers Europe 2022: Banking & Finance – Poland
- Andrzej Stosio is equally experienced representing borrowers and creditors on both sides of high-stakes debt restructuring and distressed asset transactions.
Chambers Europe 2021: Restructuring/Insolvency - Poland
- Andrzej Stosio is best known for his expertise in derivatives as well as related regulatory matters.
Chambers Europe 2021: Capital Markets – Poland
- Andrzej Stosio regularly assists banks with the negotiation of complex credit facility agreements as well as acquisition financing. He is also involved in debt restructuring and refinancings.
Chambers Europe 2021: Banking & Finance – Poland
- Andrzej Stosio assists banks as well as private equity houses with high-value credit facility agreements, acquisition financing and debt refinancings. His tactful approach is appreciated by sources, who describe him as calm and having a great wealth of practical experience.
Chambers Europe 2020: Banking & Finance – Poland
- Andrzej Stosio heads the firm's derivatives practice and also has experience in associated regulatory issues. A source describes him as "quick and reasonable."
Chambers Europe 2020: Capital Markets – Poland
- Andrzej Stosio advises corporates as well as creditors on high-stakes debt restructurings and the distressed assets transaction.
Chambers Europe 2020: Restructuring/Insolvency – Poland
- Market sources are full of praise for Andrzej Stosio , describing him as "flexible" and a "problem solver." One interviewee hails him as "very creative for the benefit of the client." He is a highly skilled finance practitioner with further expertise in banking regulatory issues. He regularly advises on the firm's key financing mandates.
Chambers Global 2019, Banking & Finance - Poland
- Andrzej Stosio has a wealth of experience in advising banking and finance clients on debt restructuring, financing and refinancing matters. He is characterised by clients as "having broad knowledge and great experience, supported by his very deal-oriented approach."
Chambers Europe 2019, Restructuring/Insolvency - Poland
- Clients describe Andrzej Stosio as a "business-oriented lawyer" with a "high technical knowledge." He heads the derivatives practice at the firm, and is also noted for his experience in securitisation transactions.
- Chambers Global 2019, Capital Markets: Debt - Poland
- Andrzej Stosio is a highly esteemed lawyer recognised for his active involvement in major financing transactions and refinancing mandates, recently advising a consortium of banks on its EUR220 million credit facility agreement with Synthos. He is also noted for his regulatory expertise, with commentators commending his know-how regarding derivatives. One source states: "I would recommend him to any borrower who needs a strong negotiator to protect their interests," while others praise his client service skills and extensive experience.
Chambers Global 2018, Banking & Finance- Poland
- Head of the derivatives group Andrzej Stosio has significant experience in the debt instrument market and in-depth knowledge of securitisation and derivatives. He recently co-led the team representing Arctic Paper in the refinancing of the group's existing indebtedness to BZWBK, Pekao and mBank, with the aid of a combination of credit facilities and bonds.
Chambers Global 2018, Capital Markets Debt- Poland