Liesbeth Buiter is Partner leads the Amsterdam Real Estate practice specialising in real estate transactions, with a focus on pan-European real estate transactions, covering all asset classes (residential, hospitality, logistics and office space) and major (re)development projects. She co-leads the Projects group with a particular focus on (project financed) renewable energy and infrastructure deals. She joined the firm in 2008, having trained and qualified at CMS. She has spent time working in the Paris office, and is qualified in the Netherlands.
Career and qualifications
University of Leiden (Master's degree Mr.) 2003
- Admitted as an advocaat to the Dutch Bar in 2004
- CMS Derks Star Busmann 2004
- Joined Clifford Chance Amsterdam 2008
- Grotius Academie post doc, Real Estate Law (Onroerend Goed Recht) 2009
- Partner since 2020
Nederlandse Vereniging voor Energierecht (NEVER)
- International Project Finance Association (IPFA)
- Investors in Non-Listed Real Estate Vehicles (INREV)
- Vereniging Jonge Onroerend Goed Juristen (VJOJ)
Awards and citations
- Liesbeth Buiter 's practice focuses on property acquisition and acquisition financing. Interviewees describe her as being "extremely responsive, constructive and a very nice person."
Chambers Europe 2020
- Liesbeth is "responsive, empathetic and service-oriented" according to clients. "She takes a practical approach to all things real estate and is very reliable"
Chambers Europe 2019