Jelle Hofland is partner in the Amsterdam Financial Markets Group and co-heads the Amsterdam Restructuring practice. He is one of the most experienced finance lawyers in The Netherlands and specialises in (layered) leveraged finance transactions, syndicated lending and complex restructurings.
Jelle acts for a range of borrowers (including many PE houses, tech companies and corporates) and financiers.
- Advising the lenders in relation to the high profile restructuring of Imtech, the European technical services provider in the fields of electrical solutions, ICT (information and communication technology) and mechanical solutions
- Advising the MLA's on the leveraged buy out financing of the acquisition by Rhone Capital of Eden Springs
Clifford Chance Amsterdam advises Orange Capital Partners (OCP) on the acquisition of two real estate portfolios
19 August 2019
Clifford Chance advises GreenOak on the financing of two significant real estate portfolios
11 June 2019
Clifford Chance advises Orange Capital Partners (OCP) on the acquisition of a significant real estate portfolio from Rubens Capital Partners
30 January 2019
Clifford Chance Amsterdam advises Kiwa on its EUR 400 million refinancing with a syndicated cov-lite facility
14 December 2018
Clifford Chance advises J.P. Morgan on financing Vonovia bid to acquire Swedish Victoria Park
22 May 2018
- The High Yield Restructuring Landscape – A European Perspective
EU directive on restructuring frameworks: The same, but different?
26 June 2019
3 August 2018
Loan trading across the globe
10 July 2018
Famed case: what is the importance of the Dutch Hoge Raad judgment?
27 March 2018
Revised draft 'Dutch scheme (WCO II)'
11 September 2017
Career and qualifications
- University of Utrecht (Law) 1997
- Admitted as an advocaat in Netherlands 1997
- Joined Clifford Chance 1997
- Partner since 2007
Awards and citations
- Jelle is described as "the best finance lawyer I have worked with"
Chambers Europe 2019
- "Jelle Hofland is involved in a great number of transactions in all fields." Clients describe him as "very easygoing, down to earth and extremely pragmatic", "efficient and effective" and as "an excellent lawyer".
- One particular message that comes through is his ability to bring deals to a conclusion. One senior banking client says: "I think he can really move transactions, push them forward and get them done. Whenever there seems to be a conflict that seems like a deal breaker he finds a solution." Another client adds: "Jelle binds people together in transactions."
IFLR 100, The Netherlands, 2013
- Asset and acquisition finance specialist Jelle Hofland has a strong restructuring practice. One client notes: "He's extremely efficient and can always find a workable solution."
Chambers Europe 2013
- Jelle "can really move transactions, push them forward and get them done. Whenever there seems to be a conflict that seems like a deal breaker he finds a solution."
IFLR 1000 2013