Jelle Hofland is a partner in the Global Financial Markets and co-heads the Amsterdam Restructuring practice. He is one of the most experienced finance lawyers in The Netherlands and specialises in (layered) leveraged finance transactions, syndicated lending and complex restructurings.
Jelle acts for a range of borrowers (including many PE houses, tech companies and corporates) and financiers. Focus areas include energy transition and innovation.
- Advising the lenders in relation to the high profile restructuring of Imtech, the European technical services provider in the fields of electrical solutions, ICT (information and communication technology) and mechanical solutions
- Advising the MLA's on the leveraged buy out financing of the acquisition by Rhone Capital of Eden Springs
View all news and client work featuring Jelle Hofland
Career and qualifications
University of Utrecht (Law) 1997
- Admitted as an advocaat in Netherlands 1997
- Joined Clifford Chance 1997
- Partner since 2007
Awards and citations
- Jelle Hofland is praised by one client for being "really experienced and knowledgeable" in financing mandates. He advises corporate clients and institutional investors on syndicated financing, financial restructuring and real estate financing. He is singled out by one interviewee as "one of the biggest names when it comes to financial restructuring." He primarily acts for financial institutions as lenders. "Hofland is very experienced in dealing with the different interests of the banks."
Chambers Europe 2020
- Jelle is described as "the best finance lawyer I have worked with"
Chambers Europe 2019
- "Jelle Hofland is involved in a great number of transactions in all fields." Clients describe him as "very easygoing, down to earth and extremely pragmatic", "efficient and effective" and as "an excellent lawyer".
- One particular message that comes through is his ability to bring deals to a conclusion. One senior banking client says: "I think he can really move transactions, push them forward and get them done. Whenever there seems to be a conflict that seems like a deal breaker he finds a solution." Another client adds: "Jelle binds people together in transactions."
IFLR 100, The Netherlands, 2013
- Asset and acquisition finance specialist Jelle Hofland has a strong restructuring practice. One client notes: "He's extremely efficient and can always find a workable solution."
Chambers Europe 2013
- Jelle "can really move transactions, push them forward and get them done. Whenever there seems to be a conflict that seems like a deal breaker he finds a solution."
IFLR 1000 2013