Bas Boris Visser is Global Head of Innovation and Business Change and a Partner in the Finance & Capital Markets practice of Clifford Chance in Amsterdam, where he was Office Managing Partner from 2009 until 2015.
Banking is Bas Boris' main area of specialisation, with a particular focus on the private equity sector and the financial institutions sector.
In 2015, Bas Boris took on the role of Global Head of Innovation and Business Change to drive our ongoing commitment to delivering world class advice and service to our clients efficiently and effectively, every time.
The firm is heavily focused on innovation and change and Bas Boris works with teams around the network to identify new ways of working to best support our clients and their businesses.
- Acting for the Dutch Central Bank in respect of the nationalization of SNS Reaal N.V.
- Acting for an international bank on the unwinding of the swap portfolio with building corporation Vestia
- Acting for the Dutch Central Bank in respect of the Alt-A portfolio transaction between ING Bank N.V. and the State of the Netherlands
- Acting for the Dutch Central Bank on the acquisition by the State of the Netherlands of Dutch Fortis banking and insurance activities (including ABN AMRO Bank N.V.)
- Acted for Leaseplan N.V. regarding its participation under the Credit Guarantee Scheme as put in place by the State of the Netherlands
Clifford Chance advises AVR-Afvalverwerking B.V. on establishment of €400,000,000 Structured Secured Corporate Debt Issuance Platform
19 December 2014
Clifford Chance advises Apax subsidiary on recommended full public offer for Exact
10 October 2014
Clifford Chance advises Sanoma on the acquisition of the Dutch and Belgian SBS TV operations
20 April 2011
Artificial Intelligence and the Future for Legal Services
23 November 2017
Fintech: Disruptors disrupted?
31 May 2016
English Schemes of Arrangement: now also available for Dutch companies?
6 February 2014
Distributions to shareholders under the new Dutch private company law
28 September 2012
'Recourse claims are future claims' Dutch Supreme Court judgment relevant for enforcement and structuring of new transactions
20 April 2012
Career and qualifications
- University of Groningen (Law) 1993
- Admitted as an advocaat in Netherlands 1994
- Trenité van Doorne, Rotterdam 1994
- Trenité van Doorne, London 1996
- Joined Clifford Chance Amsterdam 2001
- Partner since 2003
- Global Head of Innovation and Business Change since 2015
- Holland Financial Centre
- YPO (Young Presidents Organization)
Awards and citations
- "Sources enthuse about Bas Boris Visser's diplomatic approach, saying "he takes in everyone's interests and gets the deal through".
- According to IFLR 2013, he is described as "excellent" by his peers in the market.