Bas Boris Visser is Partner in the Amsterdam Global Financial Markets Group and Global Head of Innovation and Business Change. His practice focuses on the financial sector and he has extensive experience with Dutch and international financial institutions, FinTech companies as well as supervisory authorities. In his role of Global Head of Innovation & Business Change Bas Boris drives new legal service delivery and revenue generating models for the firm.
The people, processes and investment
to transform legal services globally
- Acting for the Dutch Central Bank in respect of the nationalization of SNS Reaal N.V.
- Acting for an international bank on the unwinding of the swap portfolio with building corporation Vestia
- Acting for the Dutch Central Bank in respect of the Alt-A portfolio transaction between ING Bank N.V. and the State of the Netherlands
- Acting for the Dutch Central Bank on the acquisition by the State of the Netherlands of Dutch Fortis banking and insurance activities (including ABN AMRO Bank N.V.)
- Acted for Leaseplan N.V. regarding its participation under the Credit Guarantee Scheme as put in place by the State of the Netherlands
News and client work
- Clifford Chance, Amsterdam
- +31 20 711 9624
- Email me
- Speaks Dutch, English and Spanish
- Practice area Global Financial Markets
- Sector Energy & resources, Banks, Private equity
Career and qualifications
- University of Groningen (Law) 1993
- Admitted as an advocaat in Netherlands 1994
- Trenité van Doorne, Rotterdam 1994
- Trenité van Doorne, London 1996
- Joined Clifford Chance Amsterdam 2001
- Partner since 2003
- Global Head of Innovation and Business Change since 2015
- Holland Financial Centre
- YPO (Young Presidents Organization)
Awards and citations
- "Sources enthuse about Bas Boris Visser's diplomatic approach, saying "he takes in everyone's interests and gets the deal through".
- According to IFLR, he is described as "excellent" by his peers in the market.