Kristof Meynaerts is part of the Investment Funds department of Clifford Chance’s Luxembourg office. He has experience in the structuring, setting-up and operation of funds, be that regulated or unregulated structures. His practice focuses on real estate, private equity and debt funds.
Kristof advises domestic and international clients ranging from boutique firms to large financial institutions, guiding them through the regulatory, corporate, contractual and organisational aspects of Luxembourg investment funds, both on investor and on sponsor side. He is also regularly handling fund aspects of fund financings.
- Three Hills Capital Partners on a variety of matters including a EUR 540 million fund raise
Clifford Chance advises PATRIZIA on its proposed €1.2bn acquisition of a pan-European logistics portfolio from BentallGreenOak
20 December 2019
Clifford Chance advises GLL Real Estate Partners on an investment fund structuring acquiring a 99-year ground lease at 589 Fifth Avenue, New York City
2 December 2019
Clifford Chance advises Three Hills Capital Partners on the establishment of two new funds in a EUR 192 million GP-led secondary transaction
12 August 2019
Clifford Chance a conseillé Equistone sur la structuration de son nouveau fonds : Equistone Partners Europe Fund VI
27 March 2018
Clifford Chance advises on Pan-European outlet sales for EUR 1.2 billion
1 December 2016
Career and qualifications
- Catholic University of Leuven (Master of Laws) 2008
- Joined Clifford Chance 2008
- Admitted as an avocat in Brussels 2013
- Admitted as an avocat in Luxembourg 2013
- INSEAD Executive Education (Broadening Business Perspectives) 2017
- Partner since May 2019
- Luxembourg Fund Association (ALFI) – Real Estate Investment Funds working group
- Luxembourg Private Equity & Venture Capital Association (LPEA) – RAIF working group
Awards and citations
- Clients laud Kristof Meynaerts for his high level of organisation, noting: "He is very good at managing extremely high-pressured timeframes"
Chambers Europe 2019: Investment funds
- Kristof Meynaerts is praised for its "sound technical knowledge across real estate, private equity and debt funds, in particular"
Legal 500 2019: investment funds