Paolo Sersale is Managing Partner for Italy and heads the Corporate M&A practice in Italy. With more than 20 years of practice, his experience ranges from public and private M&A to Corporate Finance and Restructurings.
- The Consortium made of Cassa Depositi e Prestiti, Blackstone and Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets in connection with the Euro 9 billion acquisition of Autostrade per l'Italia
- Infrastructure Investments Fund (IIF) in the acquisition of control of Falck Renewables SpA
- The Founders and Controlling Shareholders of EOLO, the leading Italian Wi-Max provider, in connection with the auction sale of control to Partners Group for an aggregate value of Euro 1.2 billion
- AMCO, the Italian State owned non-performing assets investment company, in connection with the Euro 9 billion non-proportional demerger of the "bad bank" assets of Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena
- Partners Group in connection with its over 2 billion Euro investment in Telepass
- Ardian Private Equity in connection with the carve out acquisition of the Healthcare Software business of AGFA-Gevaert for €975 million Euro
- Ardian Private Equity in connection with the USD 525 million acquisition of the healthcare Business software of DXC Technologies
- The underwriters in connection with EUR€2.6 billion IPO of Pirelli & C.
- Cinven, in relation to the acquisition of Eurovita from JC Flowers
- Poste Italiane in connection with its 3.4 billion privatization and listing in the Milan Stock Exchange
- Assicurazioni Generali: in relation to the reorganisation of its European asset management activities under the EU UCTS IV Directive
- The Consortium made of Telefonica, Generali, Mediobanca and Banca Intesa in connection with their investment in Telecom Italia
View all news and client work featuring Paolo Sersale
Career and qualifications
University of Milan (LL.D) 1993
- Trained at Schlesinger-Lombardi 1994
- Simmons & Simmons, London 1995
- Admitted as an avvocato in Milan, Italy 1996
- Joined Clifford Chance 1998
- Partner since 2002
- Head of Corporate M&A, Italy since 2007
Awards and citations
- Paolo Sersale has a wealth of transactional experience. He is skilled at advising private equity firms, investment banks and holding companies on high-value acquisitions. One client enthuses: 'I like working with him a lot because of his pragmatism'.
Chambers Global 2021
- Clients commend his negotiation skills and underline his 'solution-oriented approach'.
Chambers Europe 2020
- Hall of Fame in M&A; Mentioned in Private Equity, Restructuring & Insolvency
- Highly Regarded in M&A and Equity Capital Markets
- Clients say he brings 'a level of depth and experience that is essential to support the execution of a complex transaction. He also exercises good judgement when developing options and recommending a proposed solution.'
Chambers Global and Europe 2017