Samantha Ward has experience in commercial litigation and contentious regulatory work with an emphasis on antitrust/competition litigation, cartel investigations and public/administrative law.
Samantha is also a core member of the firm's Tech Group. She has advised financial institutions and corporate clients on data related risks, including cyber crisis management, and the ICO's enforcement powers.
- Advising a number of corporates and financial institutions on cyber crisis management and ICO enforcement.
- Advising a client on a European Commission investigation in relation to online payment services.
- Representing a bank in the European Commission’s investigation into foreign exchange trading.
- Representing a bank in the European Commission’s investigations into interest rate derivatives (Euribor/Libor) and related litigation.
- Representing a bank in a European Commission investigation into credit default swaps (CDS).
- Acting for Siemens in National Grid’s claim for damages against the gas insulated switchgear cartel in the High Court (National Grid v ABB and Others).
- Representing a bank in the OFT’s investigation into professional services firms.
- Acting for claimants challenging the validity of the Hunting Act under EC law in judicial reviewing proceedings.
News and client work
- Clifford Chance, London
- +44 207006 8546
- Email me
- Speaks English
- Practice area Litigation, dispute resolution & risk management, Antitrust, EU & trade
Career and qualifications
- University of Bristol (BA) 2000
- University of Oxford (MA) 2001
- Joined Clifford Chance 2004
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2006
- Partner since 2018
- IBA Working Group on Antitrust Litigation
Awards and citations
- Listed as a Future Leader
Who's Who Legal 2019