Michael Dakin, a high yield specialist, has extensive experience advising private equity sponsors, issuers and underwriters on high yield debt and leveraged finance transactions in Europe, the United States and Asia.
Michael is Vice-Chairman of the Board of Directors of AFME High Yield, has spoken at numerous conferences and seminars and is an adjunct professor of finance.
- A consortium comprised of Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets (MIRA) and Danish pension funds in connection with their certain funds acquisition financing of TDC, a Danish telecommunications operator. The financing structure consisted of €1.4bn (equivalent) Senior Notes and a €3.9bn Term Loan B.
- EQT and CBR Fashion Group, a leading fast fashion wholesaler in Germany in relation to CBR’s issuance of €450m Senior Secured Notes and Super Senior Revolving Credit Facility. The high yield notes were used to refinance CBR’s existing term debt.
- The controlling shareholders (including Mumtalakat) and the McLaren Group in connection with the high yield financing for the acquisition of Ron Dennis' shareholdings in the McLaren Group as well as to repay certain existing indebtedness.
- Pharmaq (a Permira portfolio company) in connection with a NOR750 million Floating Rate Notes issuance
- Dometic Group AB (and EQT) in connection with the issuance of EUR€314 million PIK Toggle Notes due 2019 and the tender offer for all the company’s existing PIK Notes due 2019
- ING, BNP Paribas, et al in connection with the EUR€125 million 5.125% Senior Notes issuance by Sarens Finance Company NV
- Daisy Group plc / the acquiring consortium in connection with the certain funds financing of the GBP£494 million take-private transaction
- China National Chemical Corp and a consortium in connection with the financings of their USD$7.7 billion take-over of Pirelli & C. SpA
- Cinven on the issuance of EUR€306 million of 8.25% Senior Notes in connection with the CeramTec GmbH acquisition
News and client work
Awards and citations
- Michael Dakin is described as "very smart and thoughtful and a very cool and pragmatic head under pressure" and praised for his ability to "think outside of the box when coming up with solutions".
Chambers UK 2019
- Michael Dakin is "well organised, creative and focused on delivering excellent service"
Legal 500 UK 2018