Jeremy Walter specialises in derivatives and other financial markets products (structuring and documentation), clearing and settlement systems, collateral and credit risk management (including netting) and financial markets regulation.
Jeremy has worked extensively on a variety of industry standard derivatives documentation for the derivatives markets. He has advised on a full range of financial market products including OTC fixed income derivatives, OTC equity derivatives, alternative investment products, stock lending and repos for a range of leading financial institutions/end users.
- Representing a group of banks in respect of the design by a major European CCP of its OTC derivatives clearing service
- Advising a number of financial institutions on the implementation of derivatives markets regulatory reforms and related documentation
- Representing the FoA on the update of its opinions library covering netting, collateral and CCP opinions in nearly 80 jurisdictions and the creation of its clearing module
- Advising in relation to substantial capital and credit efficient tri-party collateral arrangements for structured products
IFR/IFD: The New EU Prudential Regime for Investment Firms
9 December 2019
FCA guidance on cryptoassets and the scope of UK regulation
15 August 2019
ISDA Credit Support Annex: Court of Appeal re-affirms no obligation to pay 'negative interest'
14 May 2019
Initial Margin Implementation for 2019 and 2020
29 April 2019
EMIR Refit – An Overview
29 April 2019
Career and qualifications
- Downing College, Cambridge University 1984-1987
- Clifford Chance, London 1989-1997, and 2003 to date
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 1991
- Clifford Chance, Hong Kong 1997-2003
- Admitted as a solicitor in Hong Kong 1998
- Partner since 1998