Bruce Kahl specialises in advising corporate trustees in domestic and international capital markets transactions including Eurobonds, high yield, EMTN programmes, project financing and structured finance including repackagings, covered bonds and securitisations (e.g. whole business, CMBS and RMBS).
Bruce has also advised corporate trustees on the exercise of their powers and duties on a number of restructurings and defaulted transactions.
- Advised the security trustee and cash manager regarding the establishment and refinancing of a trade receivables securitisation platform acquired by Stenn in over 50 jurisdictions. The deal won IFLR's Europe Award 2020 for Structured Finance and Securitisation Deal of the Year.
- Advised the trustee on Associated British Ports' debut SONIA issuance which also saw the company being the first to migrate legacy debt from LIBOR to SONIA. Associated British Ports is the UK's biggest port operator and the transaction was recognised as Debt and Equity-linked Deal of the Year in IFLR's Europe Awards 2020.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Leeds University (French Language and Literature) 1995
- Joined Clifford Chance 1998
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2000
- Partner since 2011