Barry O'Shea specialises in advising lenders (senior & mezzanine) and borrowers on the financing of real estate, both in the UK and in numerous European jurisdictions, including pan-European transactions.
He also advises clients on the restructuring and enforcement of real estate debt, on loan portfolio sales & acquisitions (and loan-on-loan financing), structured debt and JV arrangements relating to real estate.
- Wells Fargo and AIG as joint lead arrangers of the GBP£560 million senior development financing of Quintain's masterplan for the redevelopment of the Wembley Estate and refinancing of existing acquisition finance and agreeing the associated intercreditor arrangements with respect to the GBP£240 million mezzanine development financing provided by Canadian Pension Plan Investment Board. Also Wells Fargo on the original acquisition financing for the purposes of Quintain's acquisition by Lone Star Real Estate Fund IV in September 2015
- Colony Capital on the acquisition financing of real estate properties within the Gemini portfolio
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- King's College London (LLB) 2001
- Joined Clifford Chance 2003
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2005
- Secondment to Lehman Brothers 2008
- Partner since 2014