David Koláček is a corporate partner with over 20 years experience in the Czech legal market. He has extensive expertise in M&A, privatisations, joint ventures and private equity transactions, gained across a number of industry sectors.
David is recognised in Chambers Global and other legal directories as a top-ranked lawyer for Corporate/M&A in the Czech Republic.
- The sellers on the disposal of leading Slovak terrestrial and satellite television provider and radio broadcasting services operator Towercom to Macquarie European Infrastructure Fund 4 (MEIF4)
- Emma Delta on their successful bid for a controlling stake in the Greek gaming monopoly, Hellenic Football Prognostics Organization S.A. ('OPAP').
- Deutsche Telekom on the acquisition of the remaining 40% stake in T-Mobile Czech Republic, resulting in full control of the business unit, for EUR€800 million from Mid Europa Partners.
- RWE Supply & Trading CZ on a complex asset swap transaction concluded with Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets (Europe) Limited, which consolidated and streamlined RWE's Czech gas distribution and sales business
- MND Group on its joint venture with Gazprom for the development of a new natural gas storage facility in the Czech Republic
- Czech investment group KKCG on the takeover of SAZKA, a.s., the Czech national lottery operator and betting agent
Clifford Chance advises ARX Equity Partners on acquisition of TES Vsetín
21 October 2019
Clifford Chance advises Amorim on acquisition of 50% stake in glass closure specialist Vinolok
28 August 2019
Clifford Chance advises Swiss Life on the acquisition of Fincentrum
10 December 2018
Clifford Chance advises KKCG on the acquisition of a majority stake in AutoCont Group
23 October 2017
Clifford Chance advises Bang & Olufsen on the divestment of its Czech subsidiary
22 March 2017
Clifford Chance advises Sazka Group and Italian Gaming Holding in a consortium bid for Italy's national lottery business
16 May 2016
Clifford Chance advises Wikov on the acquisition of Czech automotive industry group
3 March 2016
Clifford Chance advises Deutsche Telekom on EUR 0.8bn acquisition of remaining T-Mobile Czech Republic stake
12 February 2014
Career and qualifications
- Charles University, Prague (LLM) 1993
- White & Case (New York) 1993
- Northwestern University School of Law, Chicago (LL.M) 1994
- Admitted as an advocate in Czech Republic 1998
- Joined Clifford Chance as a Partner 2008
- Czech Bar Association – supervisory board member
Awards and citations
- David Koláček remains a leader in the Czech M&A market, advising on a range of transactions including private equity deals and privatisations. He acted for Bang & Olufsen on the divestment of its Czech subsidiary to Tymphany Acoustic Technology.
Chambers Global 2019
- David Koláček "is very commercially minded and solution oriented," according to interviewees. He has experience across a range of mandates including private equity, and privatisations, with activity in the gaming and energy sectors.
Chambers Europe 2018
- David Koláček is a well-known figure in the corporate sphere with over 20 years of experience in the market.
Chambers Global 2016
- Top-ranked lawyer David Koláček "is very enthusiastic and persuasive, and always tries to come up with a solution by helping out in negotiations."
Chambers Europe 2015