David Koláček is a corporate partner with over 20 years experience in the Czech legal market. He has extensive expertise in M&A, privatisations, joint ventures and private equity transactions, gained across a number of industry sectors.
David is recognised in Chambers Global and other legal directories as a top-ranked lawyer for Corporate/M&A in the Czech Republic.
- The sellers on the disposal of leading Slovak terrestrial and satellite television provider and radio broadcasting services operator Towercom to Macquarie European Infrastructure Fund 4 (MEIF4)
- Emma Delta on their successful bid for a controlling stake in the Greek gaming monopoly, Hellenic Football Prognostics Organization S.A. ('OPAP').
- Deutsche Telekom on the acquisition of the remaining 40% stake in T-Mobile Czech Republic, resulting in full control of the business unit, for EUR€800 million from Mid Europa Partners.
- RWE Supply & Trading CZ on a complex asset swap transaction concluded with Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets (Europe) Limited, which consolidated and streamlined RWE's Czech gas distribution and sales business
- MND Group on its joint venture with Gazprom for the development of a new natural gas storage facility in the Czech Republic
- Czech investment group KKCG on the takeover of SAZKA, a.s., the Czech national lottery operator and betting agent
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Charles University, Prague (LLM) 1993
- White & Case (New York) 1993
- Northwestern University School of Law, Chicago (LL.M) 1994
- Admitted as an advocate in Czech Republic 1998
- Joined Clifford Chance as a Partner 2008
- Czech Bar Association – supervisory board member
Awards and citations
- David Koláček remains a leader in the Czech M&A market, advising on a range of transactions including private equity deals and privatisations. He acted for Bang & Olufsen on the divestment of its Czech subsidiary to Tymphany Acoustic Technology.
Chambers Global 2019
- David Koláček "is very commercially minded and solution oriented," according to interviewees. He has experience across a range of mandates including private equity, and privatisations, with activity in the gaming and energy sectors.
Chambers Europe 2018
- David Koláček is a well-known figure in the corporate sphere with over 20 years of experience in the market.
Chambers Global 2016
- Top-ranked lawyer David Koláček "is very enthusiastic and persuasive, and always tries to come up with a solution by helping out in negotiations."
Chambers Europe 2015