Ying White is the China Head of Funds and Investment Management and a member of the APAC Private Funds Group.
Ying has advised many Chinese financial institutions and corporations on the structuring, establishment and operations of their offshore private equity funds and hedge funds, including State Development and Investment Corporation, China Life, CDB Capital, Taikang Insurance, PingAn Life, Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, China International Capital Corporation, HOPU Investment, and China Minsheng Investment.
In addition, Ying advises global fund managers and foreign investors on their China market access (e.g. QFII, QFLP, QDII, QDLP), structuring onshore RMB fund platforms and capital raising from onshore investors.
Ying was a legal counsel at the World Bank in Washington DC for seven years before relocating back to China where she headed a U.S. law firm's China funds practice for five years.
News and client work
- Clifford Chance, Beijing
- Email me
- Speaks Mandarin, Chinese and English
- Sector Funds & investment management
Career and qualifications
- Peking University (BA) 1992
- Stetson University (JD) 1997
- Columbia University School of Law (LLM) 1998
- Admitted as an Attorney-at-Law in the District of Columbia 1998
- Counsel, Finance, Legal Vice Presidency, The World Bank, Washington DC 1999-2007
- Joined Clifford Chance as a Partner 2012
- Legal Advisor to International Partners Committee of Asset Management Association of China (AMAC)
- Expert on the Experts Panel of Shanghai QDLP Pilot Program
- Formerly Advisor to the Beijing Private Equity Association
- Formerly Advisor to China Association of Private Equity
- Member of the Asia Pacific Chapter of 100 Women in Hedge Funds
Awards and citations
- Band 3: Investment Funds (International Firms) – China
Chambers Greater China Region Guide 2023
- Leading Individual for Investment Funds: Foreign Firms in China
The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2023
- Highly Regarded for Investment Funds in China
IFLR 1000 2022