Ying White heads Clifford Chance's Funds and Investment Management Group in China.
Ying has advised numerous global fund managers and institutional investors on their investments in public and private markets and funds in China. In addition, she advises Chinese financial institutions and corporations on the structuring, establishment and operations of offshore private equity funds and hedge funds.
Ying was a legal counsel at the World Bank in Washington DC for seven years before relocating back to China where she headed a U.S. law firm's China funds practice for five years.
Ying is actively sought by industry associations and governmental agencies at national and local levels on private fund regulations and policies.
Clifford Chance advises ICBC's Sino-Central Eastern European Fund on Hungary's EX-IM Bank's investment
1 December 2017
Clifford Chance advises on establishment of JV management company as part of Central and Eastern European investment fund
19 December 2016
Clifford Chance advises ICBC on Central and Eastern European focused investment fund targeting €10 billion
10 November 2016
Clifford Chance advises EJF Capital LLC on its QDLP fund launch
12 January 2016
Clifford Chance advises Man Group on QDLP fund establishment
5 February 2015
Clifford Chance advises HOPU consortium in US$231 million investment in Sinopec
15 October 2014
Clifford Chance advises Hopu Investment Management as part of a US$2.5 billion investment in Global Logistic Properties
12 March 2014
PRC Regulators Further Streamlined Foreign Exchange Administration Of QFII and RQFII
29 June 2018
RMB included in IMF SDR basket – a new starting point for a long march
4 December 2015
The Offering of Mainland Funds in Hong Kong under the Mutual Recognition of Funds
29 May 2015
Clifford Chance Client Briefing: Shenzhen QDIE Program–An Overview and Comparison with the QDLP Program
19 May 2015
The A – Z of Fundraising
9 March 2015
Career and qualifications
- Peking University (BA) 1992
- Stetson University (JD, magna cum laude) 1997
- Columbia University School of Law (LLM, Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar) 1998
- Admitted as an Attorney-at-Law in the District of Columbia 1998
- Counsel, Finance, Legal Vice Presidency, The World Bank, Washington DC 1999-2007
- Joined Clifford Chance as a Partner 2012
- Member of experts committee of Asset Management Association of China (AMAC)
- Expert on the Experts Panel of Shanghai QDLP Pilot Program
- Advisor to the Beijing Private Equity Association
- Advisor to China Association of Private Equity
- Member of the Asia Pacific Chapter of 100 Women in Hedge Funds
Awards and citations
- Ying is listed as a Leading Individual for Investment Funds in China.
Chambers Asia Pacific 2018
- She was also recognised as one of the Leading Lawyers in China by Asialaw Profiles and a Leading Women in China PE/VC by China Venture magazine
- Named as a Leading Individual for Investment Funds in China
Chambers Asia Pacific 2017
- Ying is especially active on private fund formations. She handles hedge, private equity and real estate mandates and also advises on QDLP-related issues. Sources say she provides 'practical advice on how to navigate complicated regulations, and praise her for being "very responsive and very hands-on."
Chambers Asia Pacific 2016