Jiahua Ni specializes in PRC-related cross-border financings. He focuses on advising significant outbound financings for major Chinese banks, including export credit finance, project finance, structured finance and general corporate finance, in Asia, Middle East, South America and Africa.
Jiahua also has extensive experience in advising international banks in their cross-border financings into China and frequently assists clients in resolving complicated issues in PRC foreign exchange, security and other financial regulatory aspects. His experience extends across a broad array of sectors including power and energy, infrastructure, mining, telecommunications and real estate.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- East China University of Political Science and Law (LLB) 2001
- Obtained PRC legal professional qualification certificate (non-practising) 2003
- Cornell Law School (LLM) 2010
- Joined Clifford Chance 2010
- Admitted as an Attorney-at-Law in New York 2011
- Partner since 2013
Awards and citations
- China International Dealmaker of the Year
ALB China Law Awards 2016
- Young Lawyer of the Year
ALB China Law Awards 2017
- Leading Individual for Projects & Energy and Banking & Finance: Foreign Firms in China
Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2017 – 2020
- Highly Regarded for Banking and Project Finance in China
IFLR 1000 Asia Pacific 2017 – 2020
- Band 3: Projects & Infrastructure (International Firms) – China
Chambers Asia Pacific 2020
- Named Highly Regarded Individual for Banking and Project Finance in China
IFLR 1000 2018
- "Ni Jiahua has proven his talent in applying extreme knowledge to actual projects, and being solution-oriented and risk-avoiding to his clients, who also praise him for his concise grasp of key points in negotiations. He is highly experienced advising Chinese banks and lenders regarding outward investment into power projects across Asia"
Chambers Asia Pacific 2018
- Voted as "China International Dealmaker of the Year"
Asian Legal Business 2016
- Voted as "Young Lawyer of the Year"
Asian Legal Business 2017