Jiahua Ni specializes in PRC-related cross-border financings. He focuses on advising significant outbound financings for major Chinese banks, including export credit finance, project finance, structured finance and general corporate finance, in Asia, Middle East, South America and Africa.
Jiahua also has extensive experience in advising international banks in their cross-border financings into China and frequently assists clients in resolving complicated issues in PRC foreign exchange, security and other financial regulatory aspects. His experience extends across a broad array of sectors including power and energy, infrastructure, mining, telecommunications and real estate.
Clifford Chance advises on Colombia's first private investment made by a Chinese construction company in a 4G toll road project
6 August 2019
Clifford Chance advises AELA Group on portfolio financing for three wind farms in Chile
7 September 2017
Clifford Chance advises syndicate of Chinese banks on financing for power projects in Jordan
23 March 2017
Clifford Chance advises SDIC Power on acquisition of 40% stake in Indonesian coal fired steam power station
3 March 2016
Clifford Chance conseille les prêteurs dans le cadre du financement de la centrale thermique à charbon de Maamba Collieries Limited en Zambie
30 July 2015
Career and qualifications
- East China University of Political Science and Law (LLB) 2001
- Joined Clifford Chance 2007
- Cornell Law School (LLM) 2010
- Admitted as an Attorney-at-Law in New York 2011
- Partner since 2013
Awards and citations
- Named Highly Regarded Individual for Banking and Project Finance in China
IFLR 1000 2018
- "Ni Jiahua has proven his talent in applying extreme knowledge to actual projects, and being solution-oriented and risk-avoiding to his clients, who also praise him for his concise grasp of key points in negotiations. He is highly experienced advising Chinese banks and lenders regarding outward investment into power projects across Asia"
Chambers Asia Pacific 2018
- Voted as "China International Dealmaker of the Year"
Asian Legal Business 2016
- Voted as "Young Lawyer of the Year"
Asian Legal Business 2017