Henri d'Ursel is head of the Brussels real estate practice. Henri's expertise encompasses all aspects of real estate law, including acquisitions, sales, reorganisations and developments. He focuses on significant transactions for leading market players in both the domestic and international markets.
Henri's work products cover all stages of the property life cycle. His client base includes large international real estate investment companies, funds, and hospitality and leisure players, as well as family investment trusts.
- Advised AIMCO on the purchase of 100% of the shares in the company which owns the Docks shopping centre in Brussels.
- Advised ATREAM and Home Invest on the acquisition of the Sun Parks leisure park in De Haan on the Belgian coast.
- Advised Primonial on the acquisition of 75% of Aedifica’s apartment portfolio.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Université Catholique de Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium (Licence in Law) 1996
- Université Catholique de Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium (Philosophy) 1996
- Admitted as an avocat in Brussels 1997
- Joined Clifford Chance 1997
- Counsel 2006
- Partner since 2008
- Ordre français des avocats du Barreau de Bruxelles
Awards and citations
- Hall of Fame
Legal 500 EMEA 2019, Real Estate
- Clients highlight his "intelligence and commercial awareness" and his ability to "foresee things before we ask" as key strengths.
Chambers Europe 2018, Real Estate
- "He is astoundingly astute to our business needs and good at finding solutions."
Chambers Europe 2016, Real Estate