Elizabeth Hill brings extensive experience advising clients on general corporate and securities law, with a focus on mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructuring, capital markets, private equity and venture capital transactions.
Elizabeth’s experience includes several years in Silicon Valley, California, acting for issuers and investors on capital raising transactions and mergers and acquisitions.
- Westpac Banking Corporation in relation to a number of significant corporate transactions, including its $8 billion acquisition of Lloyd’s Australian assets and its agreement to sell its vendor finance business to a portfolio company of Cerberus Capital Management.*
- Coty Inc. in relation to the sale of a majority stake in its Professional and Retail Hair business to KKR for net cash proceeds of US$2.5 billion.*
- KKR in relation to its agreement to acquire a 55% interest in Colonial First State with an implied total valuation for Colonial First State of $3.3 billion.*
- Vitol in its $2.9 billion acquisition of Shell’s Australian downstream assets, including the Geelong Refinery, downstream distribution assets and retail sites across the country.*
- DDH1 Limited, an investee company of an affiliate of Oaktree Capital Management Limited, in relation to its successful initial public offering and listing on the ASX.*
- Viva Energy Group Limited on its $2.65 billion initial public offering and listing on the ASX.*
- Viva Energy Australia and Viva Energy REIT in relation to the establishment and ASX-listing of Viva Energy REIT, a multi-billion dollar stapled real estate investment trust structure now known as Waypoint REIT.*
- An ad hoc group of creditors in relation to a debt for equity swap transaction concerning ASX-listed Boart Longyear Limited under which those creditors are expected to be issued equity securities representing a majority of the issued share capital of Boart Longyear Limited and pursuant to which the company will be redomiciled to North America, in each case via scheme of arrangement.
- KordaMentha, in their capacity as administrators of Arrium Limited (In Administration), in relation to a dual-track IPO and trade sale process in respect of Arrium Limited’s mining consumables business (Moly-Cop) which culminated in funds advised by American Industrial Partners acquiring Moly-Cop for an enterprise value of US$1.23 billion.*
- Westpac Banking Corporation in relation to its participation in the establishment of the Australian Business Growth Fund.*
* Indicates this transaction was completed prior to Elizabeth's joining Clifford Chance in 2021.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Admitted as a solicitor in New South Wales 2004
- Joined Clifford Chance 2021
Awards and citations
- Elizabeth is recognised in the Venture Capital Law category.
Best Lawyers Australia 2022