Katerina Papacosma concentrates her practice on advising public and private companies and private equity sponsors on a broad range of domestic and cross-border corporate matters, including mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, leveraged buyouts, venture capital financings, minority and growth capital investments, equity investments and co-investments, joint ventures, recapitalizations, and restructurings.
Before joining Clifford Chance, Katerina was an associate in the corporate practice group of another international law firm.
- alterDomus on its acquisition of Strata Fund Solutions
- Ardian on its US$525 million acquisition by its investee company, the Dedalus Group, of DXC Technology's (NYSE: DXC) healthcare software provider business
- DigitalBridge (f/k/a Colony Capital) (NYSE: DBRG), a leading global investment management firm, on the US$535 million sale of a substantial portion of its Other Equity and Debt portfolio of real estate assets and associated general partner interests and management rights to Fortress Investment Group
- European Investment Bank on its first direct financing for a start-up in the European “New Space” sector, Spire Global, and on other venture debt financings
- Fitesa S.A. on its acquisition of Fiber Dynamics, Inc., a producer of engineered nonwovens
- Fitesa S.A. on its acquisition of Tredegar Corporation’s personal care films business
- Gamesys Group on its business combination with Bally's
- Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) on the acquisition of the sponsorship interest in the Perth Physical Gold ETF, now known as the Goldman Sachs Physical Gold ETF
- St. Marys Cement Inc. (Canada), a wholly owned subsidiary of Votorantim Cimentos, on its business combination with McInnis Cement Inc.
- Triton, on the acquisition of SCHOCK GmbH, a global leading provider of quartz composite kitchen sinks, from IK Investment Partners
- WEX, a leading financial technology service provider, on the acquisition of eNett, a leading provider of B2B payment solutions to the travel industry, and Optal, a company specialising in optimising B2B transactions
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Bowdoin College, Bachelor of Arts, cum laude, 2008
- Boston University School of Law, J.D., 2011
- Admitted as an Attorney-at-Law in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 2011, and the State of Maine, 2011
- Associate, Bingham McCutchen LLP (combined with Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP in 2014), 2012 - 2020
- Joined Clifford Chance, 2020
- Admitted as an Attorney-at-Law in the State of New York, 2022
Awards and citations
- Ranked, Super Lawyers, Rising Star (2017, 2018, 2019)
- Executive Editor, American Journal of Law & Medicine (2010-2011)