Sanne Blankestijn is a member of the Global Tech Group. She is an international lawyer with vast experience in employment and data protection law. Sanne advises both domestic and international companies on the full range of employment and data protection work, with an emphasis on employment-related data protection, all sorts of (trans-)national employee co-determination aspects, individual and collective dismissals, and the employment (including incentives) and data protection aspects of complex international M&A transactions.
- Assisting Allego, a portfolio company of Meridiam SAS (a French infrastructure investor), on all employment and co-determination aspects of the collective redundancy which resulted in a large number of employees becoming redundant in the Netherlands and abroad. The matter included advice on the full dismissal process in various countries, including the process with the Dutch works council, social plan and advice on complex issues around selection of employees, redeployment obligations and the individual termination proceedings with the Dutch semi-governmental body UWV.
- Assisting BEAT, an innovative global mobility platform, as trusted advisor for employment law matters in the Netherlands. We have advised Beat on strategic questions relating to employee representation, individual termination procedures, changes in employment terms and working hours, complex matters related to Covid-19 and immigration laws.
- Advising various private equity clients, including Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. LLP, on all HR related aspects of the various transactions, including due diligence and drafting of transaction documentation. I am further involved in the strategy, documentation for, and negotiations with, the works council and trade unions during the consultation processes which are a key condition to be completed prior to consultation of the transaction.
View all news and client work featuring Sanne Blankestijn
Career and qualifications
Erasmus University Rotterdam (Master in Economics and Business Economics) 2014
- Erasmus University Rotterdam (Master in Law) 2015
- Joined Clifford Chance 2015
- Admitted as an advocaat to the Amsterdam Bar 2016
Member of the Netherlands Association for Information Technology and Law (NVvIR)
- Member of the Netherlands Association for Privacy (VPR)
- Member of the Netherlands Association of Young Employment Lawyers (VJAA)