Frank Graaf is Of Counsel in the Amsterdam Financial Markets Group. Previously, he was the Head of the Debt Capital Markets, Derivatives and Financial Regulatory Group. With over 35 years of experience in debt capital markets, regulatory and derivatives work, he currently specialises in securities and financial services related work, with an emphasis on OTC derivatives, corporate treasury products and netting.
- Dutch capital markets & regulatory counsel on numerous debt issuance programmes and stand-alone bond issues for Dutch finance companies of international and domestic clients
- Net capital reporting opinions on cash pooling on derivatives for a number of financial institutions
- Antilles opinion counsel to ISDA on netting enforceability of the ISDA Master Agreements and the clearing addenda thereto
- Opinion counsel to the BBA, the Futures Industry Association, the Bundesverband Deutscher Banken and EFET on netting and set-off of their master derivatives agreements including the International Deposit Netting Agreement, the IFEMA, the DRV, the EFET Power & Gas Agreements etc
- Dutch counsel to the arrangers or the collateral managers on over 60 euro CDO/CLO transactions since the market opened in 1999
- Dutch counsel to numerous Dutch repackaging/ABS/CLN vehicles
View more publications by this author
- Frank is the author of the book Euromarket Finance: Issues of Euromarket securities and Euromarket Syndicated loans (1990) and of a book on the EU and US reforms of the OTC Derivatives Markets (2011), as well as numerous articles for legal journals and book chapters on Dutch law.
Career and qualifications
University of Leiden (Law) 1983
- Admitted as an advocaat in Netherlands 1983
- Joined Clifford Chance 1983
- Partner since 1990
Co-founder of The Netherlands Association for Securities Law
- Board Member of the Netherlands Commercial Law Association