Carolina Piovano is a member of the Litigation & Dispute Resolution practice group. She represents Italian and international clients in complex corporate and commercial litigation and arbitration.
Carolina regularly acts for a variety of clients on a broad range of contentious matters, with particular focus on civil and commercial litigation. Her experience includes a range of dispute types and business sectors, including banking, energy, automotive and general corporate disputes. She is also specialized in Restructuring and Insolvency litigation, advising clients in national and cross-border matters.
- Acting for a major energy company in an arbitration in connection with an expert determination of contractual performances of a solar power plant in the context of an O&M agreement
- Representing an international energy company with regard to a post M&A litigation
- Acting for a banking institution in a corporate liability claim brought against its former corporate bodies
- Acting for a leading automotive corporation in a corporate liability claim brought against the former corporate bodies of a third-party bankrupt company
- Representing a leading supplier in the automotive sector in multiple insolvency litigation cases
- Advising a company leader in the oil & gas sector on restructuring and insolvency issues
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- University of Turin (BA) 2006
- University of Turin (MA) 2009
- University College, University of Oxford (LLM) 2013
- University of Turin-University of Oxford (Ph.D. in Comparative Civil Procedure) 2014
- Joined Clifford Chance 2014
- Admitted as a Avvocato in Italy 2015