Laura Hartley advises on a wide range of contentious and non-contentious intellectual property matters.
Laura has advised on a wide range of matters including trade mark, software and patent disputes, sponsorship agreements, marketing law and the IP aspects of PE/M&A due diligence.
Laura has significant experience in the influencer and digital marketing sphere and has advised clients on their advertising strategy, sponsorship agreements and influencer campaigns.
Talking Tech is our market-leading global tech news site keeps you up to date with the latest developments in tech law.
News and client work
- The ASA introduces new measures for non-compliant influencers,"Repeat offenders who do not properly disclose their adverts will now be named and shamed online"
- Digital Services Act: considerations for influencer marketing, "Will algorithmic transparency give brand owners greater comfort?"
- An Influencer Union is on the Horizon, "I like the lifestyle, the image, look at the way I dress".
- Influencer Marketing: Advertising and marketing on social media in the UK, "How brands can suffer reputational damage"
- The difficulties and risks associated with transferring social media accounts, "Protecting a key marketing asset"
- UK Intellectual Property Law After Brexit, "What you need to know"
- Clifford Chance, London
- +44 207006 3549
- Email me
- Follow me on LinkedIn
- Speaks English and French
- Practice area Intellectual property, M&A corporate
- Sector Consumer goods & retail, Media
Career and qualifications
- University of Oxford (BA) 2017
- Joined Clifford Chance 2019
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2021