Senior Associate (Country Qualified: New Zealand)
Katie Kempthorne specialises in planning and environmental law including all planning, environmental and consenting aspects of energy and commercial real estate development, projects and transactions.
- Horizon Nuclear Power in connection with the planning and environmental consenting for the development of a new nuclear power station at Wylfa, Wales.
- Canary Wharf Group in the development of a mixed use scheme on a 7.3 acre site at North Quay and its ongoing development aspects of its Wood Wharf site.
View all news and client work featuring Katie Kempthorne
Career and qualifications
University of Otago (BA) 2009
- University of Otago (Bachelor of Laws) 2009
- Admitted as a barrister and solicitor in New Zealand 2011
- Joined Clifford Chance 2016
Awards and citations
- "Katie Kempthorne is very client-friendly and produces excellent quality work to tight timelines."
Legal 500 2019
- ‘Katie Kempthorne – an outstanding senior associate who is knowledgeable, tireless and a pleasure to work with.’
Legal 500 2021
- "Associate Katie Kempthorne is 'a superstar'."
Legal 500 2018