Senior Associate (Country Qualified: New Zealand)
Katie Kempthorne specialises in planning and environmental law including all planning, environmental and consenting aspects of energy and commercial real estate development, projects and transactions.
- Horizon Nuclear Power in connection with the planning and environmental consenting for the development of a new nuclear power station at Wylfa, Wales.
- Canary Wharf Group in the development of a mixed use scheme on a 7.3 acre site at North Quay and its ongoing development aspects of its Wood Wharf site.
Career and qualifications
University of Otago (BA) 2009
- University of Otago (Bachelor of Laws) 2009
- Admitted as a barrister and solicitor in New Zealand 2011
- Joined Clifford Chance 2016
Awards and citations
- "Associate Katie Kempthorne is 'a superstar'."
Legal 500 2018