Hilary Evenett has experience of all aspects of corporate and commercial work, including mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures focussing on financial institutions.
She specialises in non-contentious insurance matters, including UK and European regulation, new authorisations, mergers and acquisitions, portfolio transfers, demutualisations, Lloyd's transactions, but also has significant experience of transactions involving banks and asset managers.
- Advised L&G on the sale of its general insurance subsidiary
- Advised on a variety of funded reinsurance transactions acting for cedants and reinsurers of longevity and asset risk.
- Advised Blackrock on the sale of part of its pension administration business to Aegon.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Merton College, Oxford (MA, Jurisprudence) 1985
- Called to Bar 1986
- Joined Clifford Chance 1988
- Requalified as a solicitor in England & Wales 1990
- Partner 1997
- Senior Director since 2021
Awards and citations
- "She's the most brilliant regulatory insurance lawyer I've ever met. She understands cross-border regulation better than anyone, and can help a business person make sense of it in ways that no one else can."
- "Legal Business Awards 2018, Insurance Team of the Year" and "Reactions London Market Awards 2018, Legal Firm of the Year and Deal of the Year".
- Hilary is "'technically very good,' and she is an acknowledged expert in corporate work in particular".
Source: Chambers UK
- Hilary was named in the The Lawyer's "Hot 100" leading lawyers ranking in 2013.