Arnav advises leading global technology companies and financial services institutions on complex data law matters, including international data protection and cybersecurity programs, contentious and non-contentious regulatory engagements and policy consultations on emerging technology laws.
In 2021, Arnav was included in the Global Data Review 40 under 40, which profiles individuals who represent the best and the brightest young talent of the data law bar around the world. He is also listed as a Rising Star in the GDR 2022 ranking of elite global law firms and IFLR1000's Expert Guide 2022.
He has over a decade of experience at top tier firms on two continents as a trusted advisor to clients including Big Tech, Unicorns and Fortune 500 companies on a wide range of data law and general corporate commercial matters. In recent years he has helped lead strategic and programmatic legal advice on compliance with data privacy and cybersecurity regulation, complex cross-border cybersecurity and AdTech investigations, large scale international data breaches, as well as strategic public policy and implementation advice on children's privacy, content moderation and artificial intelligence law.
Arnav leads Clifford Chance’s working group on Digital Ethics and is a member of numerous related industry and academic working groups including TechUK's Data and AI Leadership Committee.
- a ‘big five’ global technology company on data protection impact assessments of its core services and software, the deployment of cloud services, and cross border carve-outs.
- a ‘big five’ global technology company on its European data protection program including in relation to cybersecurity breach response and regulatory engagements.
- a ‘big five’ global technology company on transparency and ethics in machine learning based automated decision-making systems.
- a leading technology Unicorn on intermediary liability, safe harbour laws, data gathering, data protection and trust & safety.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Admitted as an Advocate (India) 2011
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (CIPP/E) 2018
- The London School of Economics and Political Science (MSc, Data and Society) 2018
- Joined Clifford Chance 2020
- Admitted as a Solicitor in England and Wales 2023
Awards and citations
- 40 under 40
Global Data Review, 2021
- Rising Star
Global Data Review, 2022
- Rising Star