Arnav Joshi specialises in strategic and programmatic legal advice on data privacy and protection, cybersecurity, digital ethics and artificial intelligence.
He has over seven years of experience advising large multinational technology companies including Fortune 500 companies and Unicorns on emerging regulation, data privacy and protection, cybersecurity, privacy engineering, digital ethics, product deployment, technology contracts, regulatory compliance and cross-border M&A.
Arnav leads Clifford Chance’s working group on Digital Ethics and is a member of the IEEE’s working group on Standards for Ethically Driven Robotics and Automation Systems, and TechUK’s working group on Digital Ethics. He also has prominent academic publications and public speaking experience in this field.
- a ‘big five’ global technology company on data protection impact assessments of its core services and software, the deployment of cloud services, and cross border carve-outs.
- a ‘big five’ global technology company on its European data protection program including in relation to cybersecurity breach response and regulatory engagements.
- a ‘big five’ global technology company on transparency and ethics in machine learning based automated decision-making systems.
- a leading technology Unicorn on intermediary liability, safe harbour laws, data gathering, data protection and trust & safety.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Indraprastha University (LL.B. Honours) (2011)
- Admitted as an advocate (India) (2011)
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (CIPP/E) (2018)
- The London School of Economics and Political Science, (MSc, Data and Society) (2018)
- Solicitor's Regulation Authority (RFL) (2019) (QLTS- MCT) (2020)