Marie Preat specialises in the creation and fundraising of French and foreign private equity funds, funds of funds and debt funds.
Marie also advises portfolio managers on the management of their business activity (in particular on regulatory aspects), on secondary portfolio transactions and spin-offs.
- Advising Parquest Capital (formerly ING Parcom Private Equity) on the process of becoming independent and on the creation of a new EUR 300 million stapled fund
- Advising Cathay Capital Private Equity on the creation and fundraising of a Sino-French fund (EUR 500 million) focusing on French Chinese and European mid cap companies sponsored by China Development Bank and Bpifrance Investissement
- Advising Groupe Bruxelles Lambert on the structuring and fundraising of a secondary debt fund named Kartesia Credit Opportunities I S.C.A., SICAV-SIF
- Advising Industries & Finances Partenaires on the formation and fundraising of its third LBO fund, specialized in build-up
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Master Degree (Magistère) in private and public economic law -University of Paris I (Panthéon-Sorbonne) 2008
- Postgraduate Degree (Master 2) in business law - University of Paris I (Panthéon-Sorbonne) 2008
- Postgraduate Degree (Master 2) in banking and finance law - University of Paris I (Panthéon-Sorbonne) 2009
- Admitted as an Avocat in Paris 2010
- Joined Clifford Chance in 2013
- Member of the Paris Bar
- Member of the AFIC (association française des investisseurs pour la croissance)
- Member of the AFG (association française de la gestion financière)