Manel Santilari specialises in data protection, consumer law, civil and commercial litigation and multi-jurisdictional litigation involving intellectual property rights (pharmaceutical patents) and unfair competition.
In the field of education, he is the Coordinating Lecturer for the Data Protection module of the Master's in ICT, Social Media and Intellectual Property Law and of the Master's in Legal Practice at ESADE. He also teaches at Salamanca University and the ISDE Higher Institute of Law and Economics.
- A French distribution company, on day-to-day data protection aspects relating to its business activities including, inter alia, analysis and review of the legal basis for processing, information and consent clauses, data assignments, international data transfers, online sales, cookie policies and data processing agreements.
- A leading technological company, on various consumer and data protection issues, such as the revision of terms of service, data protection policies, consent clauses, data assignments, online sales and data processing agreements.
- Inversis on its strategic agreement with Accenture to improve its tech capabilities and implement an internationalisation plan.
- Major hotel investment fund, on the structuring of its data protection relationship with the management of the hotels.
- Several major companies, reviewing their compliance with data protection regulations (GDPR and Spanish Data Protection Act).
- Major investment management firm, on the acquisition of several data centres.
- Spanish listed company, on the implementation of a video-surveillance system at its facilities.
- A Spanish online bank, on data protection issues related to Brexit.
- Several leading credit institutions, on data protection issues relating to the securitisation of different portfolios of credit rights.
- GFI, on the acquisition of Informática El Corte Inglés.
- EQT, on the acquisition of Parques Reunidos, a leading owner and operator of recreational infrastructure that operates on several continents.
- DWF, on the acquisition of the Spanish law firm RCD.
News and client work
- Judgment of the Court of Justice of the European Union dated 12 October 2016 (c-166/15): the rule of exhaustion of the right-holder's distribution right and the back-up copy
12th edition IP Newsletter
- Proposal for a Directive on contracts for the online and other distance sales of goods: another step towards the Digital Single Market
10th edition IP Newsletter
Career and qualifications
- University of Barcelona (Law) 2006
- Foreign Trade & International Relationships from ISDE (LL.M. In International Law) 2011
- Admitted as an abogado in Barcelona 2012
- Joined Clifford Chance 2012