Javier Hermosilla specialises in domestic and cross-border M&A, joint ventures, private equity, restructurings and corporate matters.
Javier acts for a broad range of clients including corporates, funds and financial services groups, particularly in the energy & infrastructures, financial, and consumer, goods & retail sectors.
- Leading financial investor on the acquisition from a Spanish leading developer of a wind portfolio of 420 MW.
- One of the energy renewables funds managed by Natixis Mirova on the acquisition from Forestalia of a 33% stake in a wind portfolio of 342 MW located in Aragón (Spain).
- One of the energy renewables funds managed by Natixis Mirova on the acquisition from Forestalia of a 51% stake in a wind portfolio of 300 MW located in Aragón (Spain).
- One of the infrastructure funds managed by Natixis Mirova on the acquisition of 80% of Edesmar XXI, S.L, the holding company from Comsa Concesiones, S.L. that holds the following assets or project companies on a concession basis: (i) 4 shadow toll motorways in Catalonya, (ii) the Malaga metro, (iii) a prison in Tarragona and (iv) the courts of Terrasa and La Bisbal in Catalonya.
- One of the energy renewables funds managed by Natixis Mirova on the acquisition of a 46% stake in a wind portfolio located in Croatia
- MásMóvil on the EUR€612 million acquisition of Yoigo from Telia/Sonera, ACS, FCC and Abengoa
- Airbus Defence & Space on:
- The acquisition of 40% of CESA from United Technologies
- The subsequent sale of 100% of CESA to Héroux-Devtek
- Grupo DIA, the Spanish IBEX-35 retailer on various M&A transactions including:
- The EUR€650 million sale of its French business to Carrefour
- The EUR€136 million sale of its Turkish business to Yildiz Holding
- A €500 million bond issuance
- Its joint-venture with Eroski
- Wizink on the acquisition of the Barclaycard business in Spain and Portugal
- Värde Partners on the acquisition of a majority stake in Bancopopular-E (€510m).
- Cemex, on the acquisition and disposal of shares and assets with Holcim in several European jurisdictions
- Arcus Infrastructure Partners on their manager-led sale of €300-€400m of interests in their infrastructure fund to new investors
- Globalvia on the acquisition from FCC, SocGen and Banco Sabadell of a controlling stake in two train concessions in Barcelona
- Carrefour on the spin off and listing of DIA in the Spanish stock exchange
- Grupo ONO on its dual-track process and final sale to Vodafone
- Advising Telefónica on the issuance, subject to English law, of mandatory notes convertible into new and/or existing shares for an amount of EUR 1,500 million.
- Advising Telefónica on the issuance, subject to English law, of mandatory exchangeable bonds into shares of Telecom Italia S.p.A for an amount of EUR 750 million, which has been nominated as the Deal of the Year for the IFLR 2015 European Awards.
- Atresmedia on various matters, including its EUR€1.19 billion merger with La Sexta and its joint venture with Hola in order to create the pay-tv channel Hola TV
- ING Car Lease on the acquisition of Universal Lease Iberia, S.A., one of the main players of the Spanish car-lease sector
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Universidad Pontificia de Comillas (ICADE), Spain (Law Degree (E-3)) 2006
- Junior, Uría Menéndez 2006
- Admitted as an abogado in Spain 2006
- Universidad Pontificia de Comillas (ICADE), Spain (Degree in Business Management (E-3)) 2007
- Joined Clifford Chance 2008
- Seconded to Clifford Chance London 2015
- Club Español de la Energía (Master on Energy Laws) 2019
- Member of the Madrid Bar Association
- Professor at several Madrid-based institutions including CUNEF, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid and Centro de Estudios Superiores (CEU)