Nicole is a corporate lawyer with over 15 years experience in Australia, the UK and Europe.
Nicole’s experience covers both public and private mergers and acquisitions, restructures and commercial alliances, as well as providing corporate governance advice.
In addition to her legal experience, Nicole has commercial experience with leading financial services businesses in Australia, where she was involved in major divestment programs, crisis and business management and strategic planning and implementation.
- Viva Energy on its acquisition of Coles Express from Coles Group and related commercial arrangements
- WeBuild SpA on its acquisition of Clough Engineering by way of deed of company arrangement
- Five V on its acquisition of a minority stake in BioPak
- Pemba Capital Partners on a proposed joint bid (with PEP) to acquire ReadyTech (ASX: RDY) by way of scheme of arrangement
- BBRC Private Equity on its successful exit from its majority investment in Leef Independent Living
- The independent board committee of Investa Office Fund on the contested process to acquire all of the units in IOF by way of trust scheme*
- CBA on its exit from its property funds management and property asset management platform via listed trust management internalisations and competing take private takeover bids*
- Gateway Lifestyle on its acquisition of RV Parks by way of scheme of arrangement*
- CBA on its A$373 million acquisition of Count Financial by way of a scheme*
- Peabody Energy on its successful A$5 billion joint takeover bid for Macarthur Coal*
*indicates matters completed prior to joining Clifford Chance
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Solicitor - Freehills (2003-2006)
- Senior Associate - Clifford Chance London (2006-2010)
- Senior Associate - Freehills (2010-2012)
- Executive Counsel - Herbert Smith Freehills (2012-2018)
- Business Manager - Westpac Group (2018-2022)
- Admitted as a solicitor in New South Wales 2002
- Counsel - Clifford Chance Sydney (2022- now)