Liyong Xing is a Partner in the Hong Kong office and a member of the APAC Private Funds Group.
Liyong focuses her practice on advising both established and emerging fund sponsors across different strategies, including private equity, private credit, real estate and infrastructure, energy, and fund of funds, on a broad range of strategic and operational matters.
Liyong also has represented sponsors and investors in secondary transactions and similar liquidity solutions, as well as other customized transactions, including joint ventures, platform formations, new business line launches, anchor investments, warehouse vehicles, co-investments, separately managed accounts, annex funds, and sponsor internal equity arrangements.
Prior to joining the firm, Liyong was a partner of another international law firm.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Peking University, B.A.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D.
- Admitted as an Attorney-at-Law in New York
- Admitted as a solicitor in Hong Kong
Awards and citations
- Women Leader and Highly Regarded Practitioner
IFLR1000 – Hong Kong Investment Funds – 2023
- Liyong is ranked as an “Up and Coming” lawyer in Investment Funds (International Firms) – China
Chambers Global and Greater China 2021-2023
- Liyong is listed as a "Key Lawyer" in Investment Funds Hong Kong
Legal 500 2023