2 February 2017
Welcome to the February 2017 edition of the UK: Pensions Update.
In this edition we focus on some key contracting-out developments (including the new proposed methodology for GMP equalisation); the Select Committee's report recommending stronger defined benefit scheme regulation and recent developments involving the Pensions Regulator. In this edition we also cover:
- The successful discrimination claims relating to the Judicial Pension Scheme;
- A recent case concerning gig-economy workers;
- Developing data protection issues;
- The Regulator's views on 21st Century trusteeship;
- A number of key legislative developments (including the LISA, IORP II, EMIR, the Pension Schemes Bill and the Finance Bill); and
- Recent Government consultations and reviews, covering matter such as defined contribution bulk transfers, the establishment of a new guidance body, pension scams and auto-enrolment.