Steve Nickelsburg represents clients in cases involving the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, the False Claims Act, the Anti-Terrorism Act (ATA), the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO), economic sanctions, antitrust and unfair competition, and general commercial disputes. He has appeared before a variety of federal and state agencies and in federal and state courts across the country.
Steve also advises multinational companies in connection with transactional risks and in designing and implementing their compliance programs.
Steve is a member of our global Business and Human Rights Risk team.
Career and qualifications
- Judicial Clerk, The Honorable Anthony M. Kennedy, Supreme Court of the United States (OT99)
- Judicial Clerk, The Honorable J. Harvie Wilkinson III, Chief Judge, United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- Duke University (BS, Engineering, magna cum laude) 1989
- Northeastern University (MS, Engineering) 1993
- University of Virginia School of Law (JD, Law Review, Order of the Coif) 1998
- Admitted as an Attorney-at-Law in Virginia 2001
- Admitted as an Attorney-at-Law in the District of Columbia 2002
- Joined Clifford Chance as a Partner 2007