Gary Brooks represents leading commercial and investment banks in high yield debt and other securities offerings, leveraged lending, financing commitments and debt restructurings. Gary has represented clients, as lead counsel in numerous financings, raising combined proceeds in excess of $100 billion.
Gary is named among the top banking and finance practitioners by Chambers USA since 2008.
Gary represents most major Wall Street banks, including Bank of America, Barclays, Citigroup, Credit Suisse, Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan, The Royal Bank of Scotland and Wells Fargo. Mr. Brooks’ experience also includes a variety of acquisition, divestiture, joint venture, investment and financing transactions for companies and private equity sponsors operating or making investments in the consumer products, gaming, healthcare, industrial manufacturing, mass media, specialty finance, technology and telecommunications industries.
- IGT in connection with US$5.9 billion and €3.5 billion of committed financing in support of its acquisition of International Game Technology and related credit facilities, U.S and International bond consent solicitations and U.S. and International bond offerings
- Citigroup, J.P. Morgan and the several initial purchasers in connection with SMBC Aviation’s issuance of $1.0 billion aggregate principal amount of Senior Notes
- LATAM Airlines in its inaugural issuance of high yield bonds in a Rule 144A / Regulation S offering of $500 million 7.25% Senior Notes due 2020 and subsequent issuance of $700 million 6.875% Senior Notes due 2024, and a related exchange settlement tender offer for $300 million 9.50% Senior Guaranteed Notes due 2020 of a subsidiary
- Goldman Sachs and Santander as managing underwriters in connection with the Rule 144A/Regulation S offering of 4.875% Senior Notes due 2024 of Gruma, S.A.B. de C.V.
- BNP Paribas as sole placement agent of an institutional bond in connection with the $1 billion, 306 MW Reventazón River hydroelectric project in Costa Rica
- Jefferies as joint book-runner in connection with FLY Leasing Limited's offering of $400 million aggregate principal amount of senior unsecured notes, consisting of $75 million aggregate principal amount of 6.750% senior notes due 2020 and $325 million aggregate principal amount of 6.375% senior notes due 2021
- AjeGroup in connection with the 6.50% US$300 million Senior Notes offering by AjeCorp B.V. and guaranteed by certain subsidiaries of Grupo Embotellador Atic, S.L. due 2022. We also advised AjeGroup in connection with the reopening of its bond issuance based on which AjeCorp B.V. issued additional 6.50% US$150 million Senior Notes guaranteed by certain subsidiaries of Grupo Embotellador Atic, S.L. due 2022
- Eaton Corporation plc and its subsidiaries in connection with an aggregate of $3.25 billion of debt financing facilities
- International Lease Finance Corporation in connection with the Rule 144A offeringof US$1.35 billion 6.5% Senior Secured Notes due 2014, US$1.275 billion 6.75% Senior Secured Notes due 2016 and US$1.275 billion 7.125% Senior Secured Notes due 2018
Clifford Chance US Advises Apollo Commercial Real Estate Finance on US$500 Million Term Loan B Credit Facility
16 May 2019
Clifford Chance Advises LATAM on US$600M Senior Notes Issuance
20 February 2019
Clifford Chance Advising Exact Group B.V. on Sale of its US Business to Apax Partners
20 August 2017
Clifford Chance's US REIT team advises on the groundbreaking IPO of Safety, Income and Growth
29 June 2017
Clifford Chance advises on US$500 million high yield bond offering and US$300 million exchange settlement tender offer for LATAM Airlines Group S.A.
11 June 2015
Clifford Chance advises on US$1,020,823,000 Enhanced Equipment Trust Certificates for LATAM Airlines Group S.A.
29 May 2015
Clifford Chance advises on pioneering M&A transaction involving statutory cross-border merger of a listed Italian company to the UK
14 April 2015
Clifford Chance helps GTECH secure US $10.7 billion in financing for merger with IGT
16 July 2014
Career and qualifications
- University of Florida (BS magna cum laude, Hall of Fame graduate) 1990
- New York University School of Law (JD) 1993
- Admitted as an attorney-at-law in New York 1994
- Associate and then partner, Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP 1993-2008
- Joined Clifford Chance as a Partner 2009